Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got sent here for a class today, on my day off, which sucks, but made the best of it by leavin early to check the country out. Got off I-70 and took highway 6 which runs along the Eagle River. The town of Eagle has a very extensive rec path system so I took off on the one that runs along Brush Creek. Lo and behold, there are snakes here! We don't really have any snakes here where I live, so I never get to see them much but I stepped into a whole passel of them sunning on the creek bank. And they scattered like a covey of quail. This is a type of garter snake, and they're pretty much harmless. They will pee on you, though.

Attachments

• 3-22bb.jpg
    3-22bb.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 3-22cc.jpg
    3-22cc.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 3-22dd.jpg
    3-22dd.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 48
  • 3-22ee.jpg
    3-22ee.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 45
  • 3-22ff.jpg
    3-22ff.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 45

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i thought it would be cold looking there,looks quite nice.like the grasshopper on the tractor and i always check out your travels.thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i thought it would be cold looking there,looks quite nice.like the grasshopper on the tractor and i always check out your travels.thanks for sharing.
It's at a lower elevation than where I live so it is warmer and their snow has melted off. It was up in the 60's there today. You know Jamey I believe that's supposed to be a bicyclist, but you look at it and I kinda like that grasshopper on a tractor view. Good call.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I was laid off at the mine I worked at The Overhead Door Co out of Frisco. We did a lot of new doors over in Eagle as that was the time all those condos and homes were being built in the later 1980s. It be deep snow in Frisco and warm, sunny and green as all get out over in that area of the Vail valley this time of year.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! Peed on by a snake?? GORGEOUS country!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread