66.6 KB · Views: 216

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shot and those are such beautiful birds and so big. I still remember seeing telephone pole with a hole in it from one of those when I was a boy at camp in Pa. Have only seen one since childhood and that was in Florida a few years ago.

Don

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice shot of Woody. What kind of tree is he in? Looks like the Chinese Tallow...at least the seeds do.

;) RR

OP
OP
R

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
River Rat said:
Very nice shot of Woody. What kind of tree is he in? Looks like the Chinese Tallow...at least the seeds do.

;) RR

Yes, it is a chinese tallow, I have several in my yard, great shade tree and always very full of food for the woodpeckers

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Chinese Tallow is an invasive tree. Man, it has nearly taken over down here. We are having to poison them. The only tree that has a pretty color in the fall. Let's say 15 years ago we did not have them like we do now. I pull up each little seedling that sprouts, no matter in my yard, pasture, road side ditch. Very fast growing tree. >:( :(

;) RR

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I havn't been able to catch a shot of our Pileated yet, they are a beautiful bird, funny you can always tell when they are around by the jack hammering first :D.

Now that tree sounds like Bitter Sweet, pretty in the fall, the birds love it,but the most annoying invasive plant I have ever battled. I pull every sprig out myself River. It seems like you pull one and two more grow back >:(.

Nice shot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread