Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Swapped my Fuji S1800 (completely auto) for a Cannon EOS Rebel DS6041 with broken autofocus. The stock lens is quite finicky AND I didn't realize at first that I needed to adjust the diopter to compensate for my eyesight.

I used to shoot lots of 35mm (Chinon and Minolta bodies) back in the day, and even did my own black and white developing. Used to like to shoot sporting events with 400 ASA and push it to 1600 in the darkroom --- then I got married and all that went by the wayside.

Got out today for about 20 minutes and took a couple of pics of the plants coming up ... yep, nuisance plants but pretty in their own right.

spring_1.jpg

Thistle.jpg

Thanks for looking.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a good story Chadeaux, tell us how those non-native plants got there. Great, ( mostly overlooked) way to learn about the history of an area.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
For a good story Chadeaux, tell us how those non-native plants got there. Great, ( mostly overlooked) way to learn about the history of an area.

I'm not even sure what the name of the white flowers are, so not sure their source.

The thistle is something I've always been around but we called it "chadron" in south Louisiana where I grew up. The stalk tastes a bit like celery.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those thistles were such a nuisance in Kentucky that the state had a program offering a sprayer and spray ( all you had to furnish was the tractor to pull it and manpower ) for farmers that were interested. Of course, if your neighbors didn't do it too, you were wasting your time and the state's money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread