tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is another spring time feature of the high plains you don't see most of year. Morning fog and the sounds singing Robin's. The weather said we might get snow yesterday, but I only saw a little cold drizzle of rain when I went out to walk along the creek yesterday afternoon. It's still getting down in the 30s at night though. I wonder if we'll see one last good snow storm, before things get all hot and dry for months on end like it does around here?

Attachments

• IMG_20170327_064935.jpg
    IMG_20170327_064935.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 55

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that weather forecast of a foot or so for us fizzled over the weekend. I had to order for what would be on the shelf Saturday, and a foot of snow can mean a 100 grand more in sales for the day. I over order, and more work for us and lots of crap sittin around the back room. So I went out and watched it for about 15 minutes after midnight and decided it would be a bust, so went back in and held it down to a 'pretty good day' type of order and came out fine. I don't know about y'all but March and April are pretty much the snowiest up here, but we'll see.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'll be very surprised if we skate through spring without at least one more heavy wet dumping of snow before spring ends. The migratory shore type birds all depend on the low areas to get good and filled up with rain and snow melt in their nesting areas each year. That's what goes on in these little wetlands. They fill up just enough for the eggs to hatch and the fledglings to learn to wade and find food on their own and by the time they learn to fly things are all dried up again.

Attachments

• bike ride 062916 4.jpg
    bike ride 062916 4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
  • mud hole bird 2.jpg
    mud hole bird 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always love the pictures mate, keep them coming.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those avocets are neat looking birds. We had fog coming home tonight. The cold river water from melting snow and the warm rain was giving us quite a fog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread