tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I took a little sidetrack coming home to a place called Soapstone Prairie Natural area. It was for many years open range cattle country and now is a vast area set aside to be preserved as it once was a natural grass prairie. I saw plenty of Buffalo chips, but no Buffalo.

Attachments

• soapstone 2.jpg
    soapstone 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
  • soapstone 3.jpg
    soapstone 3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
  • soapstone 4.jpg
    soapstone 4.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
  • soapstone 5.jpg
    soapstone 5.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 50
  • soapstone 6.jpg
    soapstone 6.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • soapstone 7.jpg
    soapstone 7.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 64

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures. I love that old foundation. We used to go up alabaster canyon north of Ft Collins. There must be soapstone somewhere out on that prarie. I used to have fun carving sculptures, soapstone turnes out beautiful. There are a few white bison hanging out in South Park I have seen recently. Thanks for the pictures!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are a really great set. You have outdone yourself!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, thank you. This high prairie is still inactive and asleep. It was still windy and colder than it was below. I read in the later spring you really need to be prepared if you're out hiking as it's a place where sudden storms can develop at a moment's notice. I'm planning on going back up there after spring and take a little hike​ or bike ride on all the trails there. I'm sure I'll see some beautiful prairie flowers. They had warnings and flyers telling you to watch for rattle snakes. Taking Indian artifacts is absolutely prohibited, so I'll only take pictures of those if I see any. That last picture is a very nice piece of flake material about the size of a 50¢ piece.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions