OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
love it. Did you detect around it ?
Thanks Tom, No I didn't detect around it. It's located about 200 yards off the highway. I think it's on BLM land, and not posted. I can't imagine it not being hunted hard in the past. I drive a truck, and barely had a little extra time to stop and take these pics, and didn't have my detector with me anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
That is beautiful!!!! Imagine what went on around there. Looks like a church! Thanks for the pictures!!
Thanks, not sure what the history of is, but sure it's mining related. There is has been a lot of mining activity in the area in the past.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to drive trucks and hunt treasures across the country! Sounds like the good life if you can get some time to get out! A lot of my deliveries would probably be late.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what most drivers tell me, you don't really " see " much of the country except interstates and parking lots. If you've seen one road, you've pretty much seen them all:laughing7:

Really nice looking pics Ron!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super nice shots. The color is spectacular. Can you imagine someone thinking, Yup. This is the spot. We'll build here.?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've driven hwy 50 across Nevada and you see old stone buildings along it, some where the old relay stations for the pony express route. If you notice there isn't much in the way of log cabin building material in most of Nevada. Here in the Colorado Rockies mining districts log construction was the way to go and you'll find old run down log cabins all over the hills. My guess is an old Cornish miner build this stone structure.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread