Duke and the feeder

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Been putting some seed and peanuts on the ground. Been driving my poor dog nuts, he's wanting squirrel. Duke weighs 79 pounds, and if he ever figured out that he could jump over the gate, there would be no keeping him at home. But thankfully he doesn't know he can do it, he just waits and waits for the squirrel or bird to get into his yard, then the chase is on. He'll chase a squirrel up a tree, then come to me trying to get me to climb up and shake it out of the tree.

Duke3A.jpg
He see's the squirrel.
Duke 4A.jpg
He's thinking, this gate needs to be open. Note the top of the gate is just above his head. He could jump out, just doesn't know he can.
squirrelB1.jpg
Squirrel is just across the driveway.
Duke 5A.jpg
He doesn't bark, but he's focused, he can't hear his name, totally ignores everything but the squirrel.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a good dog. This nut of a dog my wife picked up as a puppy we have has a major anxiety attack when he sees a squirrel out the window.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a retriever, I am assuming that Duke just wants to catch that squirrel and bring it back to you. Or else he thinks that the squirrel should share some of those peanuts? By the way, your Golden Retriever has good confirmation head wise. He would be a good show dog for his breed.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Being a retriever, I am assuming that Duke just wants to catch that squirrel and bring it back to you. Or else he thinks that the squirrel should share some of those peanuts? By the way, your Golden Retriever has good confirmation head wise. He would be a good show dog for his breed.

I'd say if Duke caught that squirrel it would only be once..after he sunk those choppers into Dukes nose that is. laughing021 (1).gif

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

He's a registered dog, but he was given to me, so I don't have the papers. He's still all boy. The vet wants to cut him, but I'm not going to let that be done, even though I don't have the papers. Someone with a female retriever might want her to have puppies, and Duke is a good tempered, nice dog, with good conformation, papers or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd say if Duke caught that squirrel it would only be once..after he sunk those choppers into Dukes nose that is. View attachment 1441927

You should see how he can crunch a bone. That squirrel would be in a world of hurt. The fellow that gave me the dog said to be careful with him around cats. When I take him to the ranch, they have cats and chickens, and so far he's left both alone. There is a large field where some geese are nesting, and so far he's chased them, but I'm thinking when they hatch out, Mr. Duke might be taught a lesson. Those honkers beat the crap out of a fox last year.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You should see how he can crunch a bone. That squirrel would be in a world of hurt. The fellow that gave me the dog said to be careful with him around cats. When I take him to the ranch, they have cats and chickens, and so far he's left both alone. There is a large field where some geese are nesting, and so far he's chased them, but I'm thinking when they hatch out, Mr. Duke might be taught a lesson.

Mama goose will put old Duke in his place,I remember getting bit on the butt more than once from them suckers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread