Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped at Williams Fork Res. last night where nothin much remarkable happened. Which is a good thing from time to time. No trees to speak of, just lots of sagebrush, which does make a good fire but it burns quick and a little hot. Good place to go if you need to make an arrowhead, cause Kremmling chert comes from here.

Attachments

• 5-15a.jpg
    5-15a.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 48
  • 5-15b.jpg
    5-15b.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 5-15d.jpg
    5-15d.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 5-15e.jpg
    5-15e.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 5-15f.jpg
    5-15f.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 52

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good sized chunk a microcrystalline quartz. Bet a $20. you could find an arrowhead out in that area. A piece of one at least.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tons of that material in this area, people came and got it, but you don't find much of anything worked, which I haven't figured out why that is. I've been to the alibates quarry area in Texas and you see all kinds of evidence of flint knapping going on at that site. This might have been a place where you got what you needed and got out of there real quick; maybe it was a bad neighborhood. There's a documented paleo site about a mile northeast of where I'm camped and Barger Gulch is not too far west of here. You will find artifacts all over Colorado made out of chert that came from here.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I don't know if material like that was spread naturally around over thousands of years or it was spread around by man working with the material here and there? I myself like to look around the sage country, as they're a great place to duck down out of sight and ambush game, such a deer. In the area of the Blue Mesa Reservoir you'll find tons of a more coarse grain quartzite that fractures like glass within the sage. When you look through a terrain such as that you will find a finished artifact of the same quartzite material out of the many unfinished flakes found that litter the area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5-18b.jpg And hard to believe this is what I'm doin just three days later. About a foot last night and more comin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread