Robin

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Been gone for a week. Flew to Denver to attend granddaughters high school graduation in Conifer, 3000 feet above Denver. With my heart problems, I was worried about the altitude, but I did OK overall. Took a few more nitro's than I would at sea level, but I found the key was to just go slow, especially when climbing stairs, which my daughter has plenty of in her house. I took a bunch of pictures to share, but I want to start with the ones I took of a Robin, out the window of my daughters house. As a reminder, my camera is a Panasonic DMC-ZS50. It has a Leica lens, and I don't remember the number of pixels, but I'm thinking 16 mega pixel. Anyhow, I arrived on Wednesday evening, and by the time we got home, (which is 8600 feet) it had started to snow, and in the morning there was a foot, and still snowing a bit. Yes, I traveled lite, an Oregon boy unaccustomed to much more than fog and rain. It worked out OK, by Saturday it was melting fast, and Sunday it was gone. So the first picture is looking out the window at the snow, and the V points out where the Robin is sitting in the tree. The third picture is full 30X zoom, pressing the camera against the window to steady it.

Robin2.jpg
Second shot was partial zoom so I could find the bird in the view finder.
Robin3.jpg
Here's the Robin.
Robin1.jpg
I have done nothing to it in the computer. I think it's awesome that a camera that will fit in a shirt pocket will take a photo like that.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's quite the gadget and welcome to Colorado. I put mine to use today photographing wild flowers on my way to Ouray today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread