worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I started early this morning,on the way in I saw these carp thanks to the beavers land locking them,I watched the beaver packing mud and stuffing sticks here at the outlet to

the other half of the oxbow,they got that dammed too.It's a bit out of focus he was about 8 feet away and totally ingnored me.

K1600_DSCN2441.JPG

K1600_DSCN2474.JPG

K1600_DSCN2477.JPG

They came out of the water sucking up vegatation.

DSCN2480.JPG

K1600_DSCN2478.JPG

Made a couple passes with the mower..still to wet,so set it out for a spell and let the sun do its thing.Carmine pointed out this turtle way out in the field,I walked out there and

she's a big one,I guage her head width 2 1/2 in.

K1600_DSCN2459.JPG

I think she had just laid eggs and with the field Carmine resently harrowed I'll just follow her tracks back to the egg sight take a few and incubate them..

K1600_DSCN2460.JPG

Picked her up and brought her back to a mud puddle..

K1600_DSCN2461.JPG

K1600_DSCN2465.JPG

I started poking around piece of bad sod and this critter popped out,I'd say a female looking to lay her eggs under that damp sod..

K1600_DSCN2445.JPG

A little more poking and another female..

RSCN2455.JPG

Didn't finish mowing so I went back in the late afternoon..to be continued.

GOD Bless

Chris

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What kind of snake is that?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good gracious Chris, great photos!

I won't be taking any pictures down here of snakes! I spared a black snake when mowing 3 days ago, but we got many more copperheads than black snakes. Managed to get one with the mower year before last - one less to bite me :) It is a jungle here now, managed to do a bit more mowing today, following a month of rain. Grass & weeds nearly waist high. I'm in a rain forest now!!!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics. Those carp will make a nice meal for a raccoon when the water gets lower. Nice garter snake and a beautiful snapping turtle.
HH
dts

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good encounters for sure. That Garter Snakes making it's head look like the head of a Viper. My grandpa grew up on the Mississippi and said he ate the snapping turtles he'd catch. He ate a lot of things he could hunt or fish for during the great depression as he hadn't had a full time job for five years in those times. A cane pole and 22 rifle is pretty much all you needed to put some food on the table back then he told me. For a salad he said you could use some dandelions.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics. Those carp will make a nice meal for a raccoon when the water gets lower. Nice garter snake and a beautiful snapping turtle.
HH
dts

I want to catch one and throw it in the field for the eagles,I know it won't stay whole for long.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Some good encounters for sure. That Garter Snakes making it's head look like the head of a Viper. My grandpa grew up on the Mississippi and said he ate the snapping turtles he'd catch. He ate a lot of things he could hunt or fish for during the great depression as he hadn't had a full time job for five years in those times. A cane pole and 22 rifle is pretty much all you needed to put some food on the table back then he told me. For a salad he said you could use some dandelions.

That first one repeatedly struck at me,and sure ain't nothin wrong with a mess of dandelion greens now.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good gracious Chris, great photos!

I won't be taking any pictures down here of snakes! I spared a black snake when mowing 3 days ago, but we got many more copperheads than black snakes. Managed to get one with the mower year before last - one less to bite me :) It is a jungle here now, managed to do a bit more mowing today, following a month of rain. Grass & weeds nearly waist high. I'm in a rain forest now!!!

That how living on Cosby Tennessee was,a subtropical rainforest,copperheads and timber rattlers,oh ya..lets not forget the black widows either and add the fiddlehead to that too.One day mowing I started to get a burning

sensation on my calf,I looked close and could see two tiny red puncture marks,the burning lasted a few days and then it started to itch and turned a putrid red blue and black mixed color for a couple months,then it went away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread