tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few from I-80 around the Utah/Nevada line. 1st is the Ruby Mountains of northern Nevada. 2nd is Pilot Peak a landmark to the overland travelers headed to the gold country of California and a place Kit Carson built a fire to signal to John C Fremont who was waiting far to the east in the salt flats he'd found good water and it was safe to proceed in this westerly direction. 3rd I'm overlooking what was once the shore of Lake Bonneville that all disappeared some 15'000 years ago. Look closely and you'll see the ancient shoreline on the mountains in the distance. Last is the optical illusion of the salt flats that makes at times the mountains look as though they're just sitting on the salt flats like a gigantic rock and sometimes, they look as if the are actually floating in the air above the salt flats. I call this 120 mile drive to Salt Lake City "Going through the Worm Hole".

Attachments

• Elko 1.jpg
    Elko 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • Elko 2.jpg
    Elko 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
  • Elko 3.jpg
    Elko 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
  • Elko 4.jpg
    Elko 4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
In another life, many many moons ago, I hunted for the wiley mule deer buck in the Ruby Mountains. Beautiful country, I love it over there.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In another life, many many moons ago, I hunted for the wiley mule deer buck in the Ruby Mountains. Beautiful country, I love it over there.
They look very majestic at times. Definitely a mountain range far more secluded then the ones in Colorado anymore. There are no ski towns in the Ruby's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread