tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a little ride down to our local creek yesterday. It isn't a big creek, but I do enjoy that it's nearby and I can go there for a little escape from all the big metropolitan ways going on around here where I live, plus all the trees will dampen a good amount of all the noise around this ever growing Rocky Mountain front range living. These are some of what I saw down there.

Attachments

• walk 061317 1.jpg
    walk 061317 1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 76
  • walk 061317 2.jpg
    walk 061317 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • walk 061317 3.jpg
    walk 061317 3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
  • walk 061317 4.jpg
    walk 061317 4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
  • walk 061317 5.jpg
    walk 061317 5.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
  • walk 061317 6.jpg
    walk 061317 6.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 53

BlackbeardsGhost

Jun 7, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out in the water yesterday because it was sooo hot, didn't have my Gopro unfortunately. But I look over and this HUGE snapping turtle was looking at me(we were both in the water). About the size of a Man-hole cover on the street. I started to back away and he slowly followed me! Nature is beautiful but scary sometimes. Nice pics!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out in the water yesterday because it was sooo hot, didn't have my Gopro unfortunately. But I look over and this HUGE snapping turtle was looking at me(we were both in the water). About the size of a Man-hole cover on the street. I started to back away and he slowly followed me! Nature is beautiful but scary sometimes. Nice pics!
When I was maybe 10 me and a friend came along one of those big monstrous snappy turtles in a very narrow muddy creek. We tested it's jaws by seeing how thick of a stick it could snap in two. Seem like it could break one a bit bigger than an inch. You definitely don't want a stick your nose up to one of those critters, like my little dog wanted to do when we came across one out on a walk. I didn't want her to lean a lesson that way. She thinks anything shorter than her deserves to be picked on. Once I watched her in the back yard sneak up on a rabbit. The rabbit stayed put in the deep grass and she pounced on it. The rabbit whipped her off it's back and fought back. She came running back to daddy with her ears back and her tail hanging between her legs.

Attachments

• IMG_20170614_073226.jpg
    IMG_20170614_073226.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to be careful with those snappers. Their neck can extend frighteningly far out of their shell, they can reach out and touch something with ease.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was maybe 10 me and a friend came along one of those big monstrous snappy turtles in a very narrow muddy creek. We tested it's jaws by seeing how thick of a stick it could snap in two. Seem like it could break one a bit bigger than an inch. You definitely don't want a stick your nose up to one of those critters, like my little dog wanted to do when we came across one out on a walk. I didn't want her to lean a lesson that way. She thinks anything shorter than her deserves to be picked on. Once I watched her in the back yard sneak up on a rabbit. The rabbit stayed put in the deep grass and she pounced on it. The rabbit whipped her off it's back and fought back. She came running back to daddy with her ears back and her tail hanging between her legs.

Ollie appears to know better.:laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like living in the mountains, but I do kinda miss bullfrogs.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny because we saw one too last sunday. Wife took some pictures, I pulled it gently by the tail off the road and put it back near the pond it was living in. The sound the beack makes, when they try to snap you is pretty scary, but still have all my fingers.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ollie appears to know better.:laughing7:
Yeah Ollie's suspicious of any critters that don't run away. He was okay letting Bella go check it out first.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She does seem to be straining on that leash a bit now.
She was. You should have seen her when it started slowly walking back to the creek. She couldn't believe we where letting that thing get away. There was no doubt her mind she could run that turtle down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread