A Hot Summer Day

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Well, it was a hot summer day in Springfield, Tennessee. As a result, wasn't much done outside. The temperature reached 100 and the banana trees sure knew it. I've never seen them closed this tight to preserve moisture:
Hot banana trees.JPG

To spend some time inside, I decided to make some dipping oil with some Basil given to me by River Pie. Took a photo of it along with some of the other goodies I've been putting up the past few weeks; squash, tomatoes, hot pepper rings, and creamed corn:
Results of summer.JPG

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer. Grabbed a big jug of ice water and went to a few playgrounds to do some hunting. If the detector said it was deeper than 2 feet I didn't stop; and when I did, I didn't look unless the pinpointer picked it up. As a result, everything was "surface" finds. All the coins are clad, the religious medal is inexpensive, and the slug is a slug (or washer to those of you that don't know what a slug is!):
Todays finds.JPG

After an hour and a half with little to show for my efforts, I had one thing I needed to do.....hit the pool!
Aahh...the pool.JPG

Actually not a bad day! For those of you that went hunting today I hope your finds were much, much better than mine. Still, it was fun ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
sounds like a great day Wes, glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing the day with us! :D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a hot day in Springfield, LA too. Yep, my banana trees looks about like yours. Man, I love the seasoned olive oil...just fried up some pork chops in it. Great pics!

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread