tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about you, but I'm always looking over parking lots when I go to the grocery store, Walmart, truck stops and the many motels I stay at. I've picked up loose change, pocket knives, lighter's, pens and once a single 14k gold earring. The Bible says to lift your sights on the things above, but dang if I don't always catch myself looking down at the ground a lot. Well with a fresh coat of bituminous sealant on this parking lot, it looks like this penny's gonna have to stay in this spot a while. I guess I could have gotten my pocket knife out to pry it up, as it's really not like me to leave treasure laying around. :tongue3:

Attachments

• IMG_20170618_082455.jpg
    IMG_20170618_082455.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 78

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I always keep an eye on the ground. I once found a 20.00 bill on the pavement near a car wash, and two fives and a couple of ones at the edge of the Burger King parking lot. Another time, don't remember the exact amount, but near 30.00 in bills that the wind had blown up against a chain link fence at a truck stop in Oregon.....My best was one morning walking in to get a cup of coffee before daylight in the rain at a truck stop in Washington. Found 2 ones and 5 twenty's laying on the pavement in front of me....I don't bother picking up pennies. I'm old an stiff, and just aint worth bending over. :laughing7:

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It was probably a stinkin lincoln anyway.:tongue3:

I always toss them back when I find one MDin,I take everything else..even trash.

Did I ever tell you..I CAN'T STAND STINKIN LINCOLNS!

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always keep an eye on the ground. I once found a 20.00 bill on the pavement near a car wash, and two fives and a couple of ones at the edge of the Burger King parking lot. Another time, don't remember the exact amount, but near 30.00 in bills that the wind had blown up against a chain link fence at a truck stop in Oregon.....My best was one morning walking in to get a cup of coffee before daylight in the rain at a truck stop in Washington. Found 2 ones and 5 twenty's laying on the pavement in front of me....I don't bother picking up pennies. I'm old an stiff, and just aint worth bending over. :laughing7:
Huh! I should spend a little more time hunting those truck stops. Yes I've recovery paper money also. 4 twenties rolled up in a rubber band one time at a truck stop.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was probably a stinkin lincoln anyway.:tongue3:

I always toss them back when I find one MDin,I take everything else..even trash.

Did I ever tell you..I CAN'T STAND STINKIN LINCOLNS!

GOD Bless

Chris
It is, with the memorial side up. What if it was a 72' dbl. die ??? Yeah! I know - dream on. True story though, I did around 1983 find a 1922 no mint mark in a 7-11 leave a penny, take a penny dish by the cash register. Traded it to a coin dealer in Fremont, California around 1990. I got not a mint, but three US Franklin half era proof sets for the years 1957, 58 & 59, plus a piece of 16 to 1 gold mine native gold piece that was 5 grams. The 22 was never graded, but the dealer looked it over with a microscope and felt it hadn't been altered and it was the real deal. I was good with my trade and now both those items we're traded. The coins I got cash and native gold nugget was traded as a partial on an older 1940s era beat up Rolex missing the crown and stem in a little pawn shop in Silver City, New Mexico. To some it up quite a bit of money came to me by just picking up that one penny at a 7-11.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread