tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some from the road yesterday on the longest day of 2017. I got up early in Canon City, Colorado and went up the Arkansas river that was running at just about full blast. I then headed to Ouray Colo. and decided not to go over the busy Monarch pass, but instead leave the beaten path and go over Poncha pass and into Saguache Colo and head over the always quiet and peaceful Cochetopa pass. After I was done with Ouray I went up to I-70 into Grand Junction and the temperature was 100 degrees and at that altitude being closer to the sun a 100 degrees is like being cooked in a convection oven. It Was HOT!!.. Back to the front range on 70 I pulled off to watch the sun cast it's last light on the mountains late on this summer solstice day. I'm sure RGINN knows where I'm at when I took the 4th picture? Heading down to the front range there was a gigantic thunderhead over the flatland's and I'm seeing it at just about eye level heading down out off the mountains. I was listening to the Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks game and just about every time the Rockies made a play, lighting would strike from that thunder head. From where I was I could see the strikes of lighting going upward into the thunderhead cloud and even the sports announcer would call the play and then mentioned the lighting strike after it. I thought that was pretty cool.

Attachments

• trip 062017 1.jpg
    trip 062017 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
  • trip 062017 2.jpg
    trip 062017 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • trip 062017 3.jpg
    trip 062017 3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • trip 062017 4.jpg
    trip 062017 4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duh!. I guess yesterday wasn't the longest and first day of summer:icon_scratch:. I just herd today is. Oh well yesterday was still a long day.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well don't feel like the Lone Ranger cause I thought yesterday was too. They were sayin it was on the radio, but I guess it technically started at about 12:24 a.m. today. In that 4th pic, straight north of the island and about 200 yards east along the lake shore is where I took that sunrise pic yesterday morning. (Wasn't a sunset.) The best spots for sunrise pics here are that westbound and eastbound I-70 rest areas and right along the lake shore where I was.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Beautiful pics! Especially liked #2.

Hope you don't mind, but pulled the haze out of it ...

no_haze.jpg

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. There was smoke in the air especially the San Luis Valley which was real hazy. So much so I didn't bother taking any pictures there.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks.

I've been experimenting with how to remove the type of haze that comes from "distance" between the lens and the subject in landscapes. Hopefully I'll be able to create a script (I use PaintShop Pro) so that I can do most of it automatically in the near future.

Yeah, I'm too cheap for Photoshop. Got an offer from Corel (long time customer) for PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate for $14.99 and couldn't pass it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread