Fishing poles are free

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were going camping/fishing this last weekend so, on the way home, I stopped at a friends house and cut a piece of bamboo. I figured I'd show my grandson that you don't need a store-bought pole to catch fish. My son and his sister helped him cut the branches and tie a piece of line to the end.

Attachments

• pole1.JPG
    pole1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 289
  • pole4.JPG
    pole4.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 284

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lesson for the boy, they need more of that.

Fossis.................

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
what a great day! lessons and grandpa time! It doesn't get much better than that! priceless! :D

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His sister liked it too. It eventually caught the biggest fish of the trip too but didn't get a pic of that. We had 6 store-bought poles with us.

Attachments

• jackie.JPG
    jackie.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 285

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Nice rewards! And the lesson of making a pole is unforgettable. Around here we make ours from cane stands!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol knocks that "what is the best brand pole?" question right out of the water! ;) awesome memories you are collecting there! :D

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on where the next trip is going to be, maybe we will take nothing BUT cane poles and see how well we do. It would be kinda fun I would think.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome pics! The kids will always remember the making of a cane pole & the thrill of catching a fish with it. Those poles make a excellent hot dog & marshmallow roasting stick too. Then a more fun thrill after the roasting is to put them in the fire for a popping explosion. That is if you're raising plenty of cane. ;D

;) RR

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
That's cool, Pack. I wish I could grow Bamboo, just for that! I think all fisherpersons should do some canepole fishing, just like all deerhunters should do some bowhunting.

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
You are making memories that will last for a life time.I tip my hat to you. A really excellent series of pictures.
Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread