tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Sunday afternoon I road my bike out to the place I've discovered the burrowing owls. I only saw the one and it won't let me get to close for a good clean picture. The roads out here are fenced in and only accessible for the guy who monitors the well heads in the area, so it's really nice and quiet out there and I enjoy that. This little spring feed slough I've given a name this day of Deer Fly Slough, as there was about a dozen of those buggers hit me when I crossed it and they kept up with me for another 1/8 mile trying to draw blood out of me. One of them no good sob's got me good in the back through my T-Shirt. I hate those things and they hit you like paper clips to a magnet when they smell ya. I really didn't see much else, but this range rabbit. Where he was must have been a frequent hunting spot for the old coal miners back in the day, as I find few old spent shotgun and .22 shells around this hill. Some of the shotgun shells are dated around the early 20th and maybe even the late 19th century I find around this hill?. The coal miners are all gone now, but the rabbits have stayed and grew in number. So there you have it Worldtalkers got him a Tractor and majestic Bald Eagles to observe and I got a bike and little Hobbit birds for my scientific studies this season. Hopefully I'll see some little baby burrowing owls come from this pair I've found??

Attachments

• bike ride 062517 1.jpg
    bike ride 062517 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • bike ride 062517 2.jpg
    bike ride 062517 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
  • bike ride 062517 3.jpg
    bike ride 062517 3.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 41
  • bike ride 062517 4.jpg
    bike ride 062517 4.jpg