Evil Glowbug

Jturk76

Jul 2, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find one or two a day around my place. Luckily not in the sheets!

IMG_0149.JPG

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Cut off the tail. Egg wash. Spiced flour or panko. Crisp it in the fryer. Works for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jturk76

Jul 2, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cut off the tail. Egg wash. Spiced flour or panko. Crisp it in the fryer. Works for me.
Interesting recipe, thank you. Unfortunately I am on a no-scorpion diet. I am currently using toothpicks for pikes and placing them strategically about as to warn their brethren of their future fate.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had no idea these were edible. I had scorpion in Thailand and it wasn't bad, but not on my go to list. The deep fried tarantula was much better. Tasted like soft shell crab.

We used to go to Parker AZ by the river and use the black light out there. There were hundreds crawling around. You never saw one in the daytime and not at night with out the light. We would help the kids catch them and they would have scorpion fights in a bucket. They will fight each other to the death. Ah cheap thrills.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I had no idea these were edible. I had scorpion in Thailand and it wasn't bad, but not on my go to list. The deep fried tarantula was much better. Tasted like soft shell crab.

We used to go to Parker AZ by the river and use the black light out there. There were hundreds crawling around. You never saw one in the daytime and not at night with out the light. We would help the kids catch them and they would have scorpion fights in a bucket. They will fight each other to the death. Ah cheap thrills.

Just don't stick your hand in there to break it up.:tongue3:

OP
OP
J

Jturk76

Jul 2, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brilliant! I never thought of a scorpion duel to the death. Two scorpions enter, one scorpion leaves...

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pic! Did you take that with an ultra-violet light source? Those rascals will glow. Scorpions, centipedes, and fiddlebacks are the reasons I still shake out everything before I put it on or crawl into it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions