2.8 MB · Views: 91

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've always wanted a team of big horses. Of course at this late stage of my life I have no business having any kind of horse around. I've worked on dude outfits, and packed mules into the back country, and cowboyed on cow outfits, but only had minimal experience working teams. I'm pretty happy with what I've done in life, but that is one thing I missed out on. I had a couple of buggies and light driving horses, and have had passing thoughts of doing it again, but then reality hits, and I never will.

me and mules.jpg
Hate to say how many years ago, but here's me after I got out of the Navy. Went from a deep water sailor to the high mountains. I was packing mules for this outfit, and we yarded a couple of logs to the corral to make feeders out of them. The mules have a claim to fame though. That's Marty and Mack, and they pulled a wagon in the movie North to Alaska. John Wayne and the real pretty gal that was in the movie came up to the pack station and went fishing. I had my eye on the gal, but you couldn't get close to her, she was always completely surrounded by overweight old guys that I expect were movie moguls.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wanted a team of big horses. Of course at this late stage of my life I have no business having any kind of horse around. I've worked on dude outfits, and packed mules into the back country, and cowboyed on cow outfits, but only had minimal experience working teams. I'm pretty happy with what I've done in life, but that is one thing I missed out on. I had a couple of buggies and light driving horses, and have had passing thoughts of doing it again, but then reality hits, and I never will.

View attachment 1473702
Hate to say how many years ago, but here's me after I got out of the Navy. Went from a deep water sailor to the high mountains. I was packing mules for this outfit, and we yarded a couple of logs to the corral to make feeders out of them. The mules have a claim to fame though. That's Marty and Mack, and they pulled a wagon in the movie North to Alaska. John Wayne and the real pretty gal that was in the movie came up to the pack station and went fishing. I had my eye on the gal, but you couldn't get close to her, she was always completely surrounded by overweight old guys that I expect were movie moguls.
Look at you, the real deal and a great picture to prove it :). I remember the old collars and harnesses all dry rotted and hanging in a barn at my grandpa's farm. They'd been hanging there a long time I'm sure. Is that your forge by that stump?

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at you, the real deal and a great picture to prove it :). I remember the old collars and harnesses all dry rotted and hanging in a barn at my grandpa's farm. They'd been hanging there a long time I'm sure. Is that your forge by that stump?

Not my forge. I was a horseshoer at the time, and had an electric blower on my portable forge that ran off the truck battery. Man that was a long time ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions