Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
After mowing yesterday, this little guy kept hanging around ... even tried his hand on the mower and grabbed a snack.

hiding.jpg

snack.jpg

mowing.jpg

onbranch.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mean birds, ive been divebombed by those suckers more times than I can count. The original "Angry Birds" :laughing9:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
There was one around here that would repeat ANY whistle noise I made,had to repeat it several times though.

GOD Bless

Chris

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart birds. toss it some cherries or something and you might make a new friend.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There was one around here that would repeat ANY whistle noise I made,had to repeat it several times though.

GOD Bless

Chris

Last evening my wife was sitting with me on the back porch and said "Watch this ... shhh".

She started whistling a simple tune over and over. This same mockingbird just kept coming closer and closer. Kept turning his head trying to pick up the tune.

Sometimes my wife will sit on the back porch and play her guitar ... several birds will come sit in the tree and listen.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No mocking birds around where I live.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of mocking birds where I lived as a kid. Mom loved 'em. They were totally off limits for young boys with BB guns. Never see any around this part of Oregon.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around here, that sounds more like a blue jay's behavior.

They are pretty aggressive too. I have bird feeders hanging on the back fence and there was a cardinal sitting on the feeder, just eating seed and minding his own business when a blue jay flew in with both feet extended in front of him and punted that poor cardinal right off of the ledge.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are pretty aggressive too. I have bird feeders hanging on the back fence and there was a cardinal sitting on the feeder, just eating seed and minding his own business when a blue jay flew in with both feet extended in front of him and punted that poor cardinal right off of the ledge.

Blue Jays are bullies.. Darn pretty birds but, they love picking on the smaller birds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread