What we've been doing

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's what we have been doing the past several days. Cement is supposed to be poured on Friday. We are enlarging the shop and adding some tools we don't have at this time. Over my life time, I've always been able to make do with what I've had, but when ever I'd get new tools, in a short while I'd wonder how I ever got along without that tool before. It will be nice to have more space and a place to weld under a roof. The existing shop is so cluttered it's almost impossible to really work on a major project.

shop 11A.jpg

shop 10A.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well keep us updated on the progress of this construction project.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope you ran the MD over that site before the cement went down? !!

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't find anything but pieces of old car parts and broken toys. I have found a number of coins on the property, but none were silver, and none under the slab.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My back!
And my arms, legs.....:laughing7:
Have fun with your new, enlarged shop.
I helped pour a pad a couple of weeks ago, the concrete was pumped and I made my self scarce until time to finish it!
How deep are those.... 8' by 8'' 's ? in the ground?
And I see the re-bar tied, so what is being welded?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The poles are in the ground 4 feet and cemented in. My son wants an exposed electrical ground, so he can set his welding table on it. So he's welding a piece of channel iron that will be level with the floor. I'm an old coot, and have no idea if it will work, and I'm not smart enough to argue either way. I guess he's seen someone else do it. I never had a problem hooking a ground wire to what I'm going to weld, but I never had a wire welder either. All this stuff is leaving me in the dust. It's so bad now, I've got a car that thinks it's smarter than I am, and a phone that knows it's smarter than I am. And I guess we haven't seen nothing yet.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, I don't see how it is much different that just putting your ground clamp on the table leg though, then you are free to move your weld table if necessary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions