Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mom was a rescue cat. It took a month to get her from the porch, to be comfortable in the house. She was not a fan of the house. Soon there after she became pregnant. She liked the house but had the kittens outside. Vet says she is under a year old. 5 hours later we get her and kittens... inside. 3 kittens. 2 survived, and now rule the house.

Mom and sibling watching.

new cat toy 004.JPG

new cat toy 005.JPG

Wait a minute.... kitten has a blue eye in this pic.......:icon_scratch:

new cat toy 009.JPG

Real quick this new toy was being knocked/dragged across the room! They tried to destroy it.
Of course they wont carry it around with their mouth (little tom) or actually wear it as a collar when I'm snapping pics!

new cat toy 013.JPG

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never let cats outside. Something will get them. I never let mine out, I think cats are a lot less work than dogs.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Kittens are sooo much fun. The more the merrier.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
When I returned home for retirement I had two old cats and Mom had one - all ages 17 to 19. 18 months ago they'd all passed and Mom (92) was heartbroken. Some friends at the local Farmer's Market told me about 3 up for adoption. I got all three and surprised Mom, and gave her reason to keep going. Those kittens saved Mom's life, I firmly believe that.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I returned home for retirement I had two old cats and Mom had one - all ages 17 to 19. 18 months ago they'd all passed and Mom (92) was heartbroken. Some friends at the local Farmer's Market told me about 3 up for adoption. I got all three and surprised Mom, and gave her reason to keep going. Those kittens saved Mom's life, I firmly believe that.

I'm glad to hear that. You can have a couple more I plan on visiting Brad in the future... I will bring them to Tennessee!
They break stuff... They tried to climb a guitar sitting in a guitar stand. All guitars are on wall hangers now. They get on the counter tops, knock over lamps....potted plants. Attack my die cast cars. The little tom climbed my daughters leg like a tree while she was cooking! He Knock over the gold pans...I think I will fly them first class to you!!

laughing11.gif

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait till they use your guitar as a potty box! hahahahahaha We will see how cute they are then!

I've pretty much had cats around my whole life, but sometimes you can get a bad one. haha

They are fun to watch though. But the last one my wife had just destroyed things. And no matter what you do, you can't get that cat pee smell out.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one who loved me, He was badly abused as a kitten. I got him from a farm when he was about 9 months old. Had two old and now healed broken legs, a dent in his head. HIp was disjointed. Had to have surgery to fix it. Vet suggested it would never be tame and wanted to put it down. Thing never was right. But he loved me. It was blond people who beat him. How do I know? Anytime a blond person came around, he tried to kill them. He'd either a) keep them at bay in their cars or if they were in the house he would literally launch himself at them in order to kill them all! He was a great cat. Lived until almost 17 and I guarantee anybody ever again would have tried to hurt that animal the wrath of God and me would have come down upon them. He is LEGEND at the vets, and he didn't like them either. He was a little easier on the vets because I was there, but not by a lot.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never let cats outside. Something will get them. I never let mine out, I think cats are a lot less work than dogs.

I wish I had learned that sooner, something got one of our siamese cats a few years ago - a car. I had never seen him go into the street before, but obviously he did. :sadsmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread