Small Owl

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Walking around with a can of hornet spray knocking down yellowjackets, I spotted this little owl in the shed rafters.

Not sure what kind it is, but think it's a Screech Owl. It was sleeping and didn't like being woke up. Got one pic while it was waking up, then I got too close, and it flew to a nearby wire. Took one last pic and left it alone. ( Very poor lighting conditions. )

Attachments

• 1111111.JPG
    1111111.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 01222.JPG
    01222.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 70

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Another testimony of a CREATOR,there again too everything you see is.NICE shot Ron.

GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you heard it screeching at night? Right now the Great Horned Owls are calling at each other around here in the wee hours of the morning. I took these pictures some time ago of a Great Horned on the roof of the house behind me. There was just enough light behind it to get a silhouette of it going through its hooting routine. I also changed it to a sepia tone, because the original pictures looked all pixelated.

Attachments

• hoot 1.jpg
    hoot 1.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 58
  • hoot 2.jpg
    hoot 2.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 57
  • hoot 3.jpg
    hoot 3.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 59

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
We have an owl who lives in a tree along a popular hiking trail.

post_localowls_screechowl_01.jpg

Bird watchers sometimes come out with cameras to photograph the bird and some have identified it as a screech owl.

:)

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great pics, Ron! Cranky-looking little Western Screech Owl. Had one of them screech at me one night when I was a kid...scared the crap out of me! I still remember that over 60 years later.
Jim

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Have you heard it screeching at night? Right now the Great Horned Owls are calling at each other around here in the wee hours of the morning. I took these pictures some time ago of a Great Horned on the roof of the house behind me. There was just enough light behind it to get a silhouette of it going through its hooting routine. I also changed it to a sepia tone, because the original pictures looked all pixelated.
I haven't heard it, but then I haven't been home much lately.................A couple of nights about a year ago there was some kind of Owl, ( Never saw it, so guessing it was a Great Horned Owl ) hooting just outside the window. So much it got annoying.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
We have an owl who lives in a tree along a popular hiking trail.

Bird watchers sometimes come out with cameras to photograph the bird and some have identified it as a screech owl.

:)
Thanks, Looks like the same kind. Others have told me it is a Screech Owl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread