Another bale bird picture

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys get pictures of bald eagles, well I've had a bald bird come calling twice that I know of this summer. When I saw him land in the neighbors tree I thought it was a turkey. When I figured out it was a vulture, I watched quite awhile wondering if it would stick around for me to get a picture. I finally went and got my camera, came out and fiddled around, got zoomed and all that, snapped this shot and off he went to places unknown. Don't know why he was there, nothing dead on the road this time, perhaps he thought he saw or smelled something, or maybe he was just tired, and needed to rest for a moment. Shucks, I do that all the time.

Buzzard3A.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out in the field this last week and a very strong wind kicked up and I was quite entertained by a buzzard who seemed to be having a grand old time being pushed around in the blasting winds. He was really Rockin and Rollin in the blast. I wonder why they've no feathers on their head? You think they'd mistake each others face as a piece of Flesh and take a bite out of each other when they're gorging on some dead deer.? I've seen them eating dead skunks on the road. Yuck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen them eating dead skunks on the road. Yuck!

Yeah, I've seen that out here also. Always figured they probably had really bad breath.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great picture.

Hence...Turkey Vulture.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out in the field this last week and a very strong wind kicked up and I was quite entertained by a buzzard who seemed to be having a grand old time being pushed around in the blasting winds. He was really Rockin and Rollin in the blast. I wonder why they've no feathers on their head? You think they'd mistake each others face as a piece of Flesh and take a bite out of each other when they're gorging on some dead deer.? I've seen them eating dead skunks on the road. Yuck!
Here's a plausible reason for the lack of feathers on their heads.
University of Glasgow - University news - Archive of news - 2008 - March - Why do vultures have bald heads?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So a buzzard is energy efficient. Interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread