worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Drove down the Meadows at 9 to mow this nice sunny morning,it's about an !/8th of a mile drive down a gravel road before it opens up to 112 acres of grass,I look out to my left and see this guy sunbathing about 120 yrds. out so I stopped and took a shot..

K1600_DSCN4351.JPG

He didn't like me standing there so got up and left slowly..

K1600_DSCN4353.JPG

Haven't seen either adult for sometime now,today here she is on a power pole they normally don't set on..

K1600_DSCN4356.JPG

I get over in the field where her pole is and see why she's on that one..

K1600_DSCN4374.JPG

I know somewhere down the line mama will drive her off to find her own territory.

It sure would be nice if one of the BIG ones would land for a shot,there are so many different colors and wing patterns..

K1600_DSCN4388.JPG

I wanted a get a shot of these flowers but this guy got my attention..

DSCN4386.JPG

So did this..

DSCN4339.JPG

Now for what I could have spit on but didn't.I don't see how I could get any closer,I'd say 60 feet..I can hock a lunger now! laughing021 (1).gif

K1600_DSCN4381.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chris, you take some awesome pictures....:occasion14:

Q: Is the coyote in the top pic the same one we see in the bottom image?

It looks healthy, and appears to already be packing on some added fur in
preparation for winter. Does concern me though that it doesn't seem to have
any fear of humans, as that can becomes the type of coyote that jumps over
your back fence and swipes your cat.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Chris, you take some awesome pictures....:occasion14:

Q: Is the coyote in the top pic the same one we see in the bottom image?

It looks healthy, and appears to already be packing on some added fur in
preparation for winter. Does concern me though that it doesn't seem to have
any fear of humans, as that can becomes the type of coyote that jumps over
your back fence and swipes your cat.

I believe it is Mike and has looked for food the entire perimeter of the property,they'll eat ANYTHING.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome pictures. I wouldn't want to see a coyote that close. I've been fortunate to only see them running across the field in the winter from the comfort of my home.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those buggers run around like squirrels in my area some years. This fella was telling me this one guy who let's his hunting hounds run free in the open space got ahold of a coyote and messed it up pretty bad. I guess the dog catcher came out to put the coyote out of his misery. I took a picture of this one out walking the dogs. The dogs were leashed up and going nuts and this coyote could have cared less. We were about 15-20 feet away and it was just going about it's business sniffing around. Bella was jumping around and wanted to go play with it. Ollie on the other hand, hates them and wasn't at all happy this varmint wasn't hightailing it from our territory. It finally just walked off back to the field.

Attachments

• coyote on trail.jpg
    coyote on trail.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • coyote sign.jpg
    coyote sign.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Those buggers run around like squirrels in my area some years. This fella was telling me this one guy who let's his hunting hounds run free in the open space got ahold of a coyote and messed it up pretty bad. I guess the dog catcher came out to put the coyote out of his misery. I took a picture of this one out walking the dogs. The dogs were leashed up and going nuts and this coyote could have cared less. We were about 15-20 feet away and it was just going about it's business sniffing around. Bella was jumping around and wanted to go play with it. Ollie on the other hand, hates them and wasn't at all happy this varmint wasn't hightailing it from our territory. It finally just walked off back to the field.
Is that snow on the ground?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that snow on the ground?
Yeah. I think it was sometime in the spring when I took that picture?. I haven't seen any coyotes around lately. I believe they circulate to different areas. It's like they go away from the prairie dog town out in the field and hunt another one someplace else? Then they come back when the prairie dogs get all comfortable and off their guard again. Then when the prairie dogs in the town are back on high alert mode, the coyotes leave to another place to hunt. The ones around here are very social with each other. These prairie dog towns are scattered all up and down the front range of Colorado. There are also a large population of rabbits in these prairie dog towns. We definitely have some healthy coyotes around here.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent pics!!!
Here's a hint on photographing dragon flies. When you see one sitting on a stick or branch, set up your camera & focus on the stick & wait. They seem to pick out a spot & keep coming back to it when disturbed. My grandfather taught me this and it's worked many many times for me. Again, Great pics!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions