Some I took yesterday, but I didn't see much.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been suffering from some pain in my left ankle and not doing a lot of walking or traveling either, so I'm going to a foot and ankle doctor on the 13th as it just doesn't get better. I'm pretty sure I've crested the hill of life and I'm sure I won't live to be 120 years old, so maybe things are going to start slowing down for me? One good thing is, it doesn't hurt when I ride a bike, so I headed out for a good 5 miles out and back to see what I can see. I went out to a lake I like and along a creek that runs through town. At a little farm pond I got real close to a King Fisher sitting on a large irrigation gate vale overlooking the little pond, but it was gone as soon as I raised the camera for a shot. It's beginning to feel like summer is ending now and fall should bring some good photo ops. Fall is my favorite season of year.

Attachments

• bike ride 090617 1.jpg
    bike ride 090617 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • bike ride 090617 2.jpg
    bike ride 090617 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 83
  • bike ride 090617 3.jpg
    bike ride 090617 3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures! That creek looks so peaceful. I hope you will be able to get back there when the leaves have changed color.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's time to switch over to a magnet and try that out. When my hip and knees are killing me, I leave the detector at home and pick up my magnet, you can casually stand or sit on the bank and toss it out for treasure. Low water fords and old bridges are the best, don't discount urban areas (safe ones) as there are a lot of discarded items to retrieve. I use around three types of magnets (the ones with eye hooks already installed are best, I remove them and use plumbers take and put them back in before going out) I keep one on my old garden hoe converted to a pick, and have two on ropes. I love fall too, something magical about it.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Love that creek shot. Calendar quality.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread