Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I finally found something that a zincoln is good for . . . size reference!

zincoln.jpg

Maybe I'll polish it up so the reflection looks better.

... and here's a very close up pic of the same flower without the zincoln --- before I picked it:

20170920.jpg

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've thought of putting my zincolns in a sock and carrying that sock with me when I hunt. Note that carrying coins in a sock is not a weapon, it's your spending money while out.

However, pulling that sock out of your pocket and swinging it to defend yourself could be very helpful in a time of stress!

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife said i should change my socks? :dontknow::laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you had any luck identifying that flower yet? I found one similar and it was from the orchid family.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not yet. I did observe one that had not opened yet. The white area that looks almost like a dove ...opens from the blue/violet area almost like the front of one of those old Higgins boats from WWII except that it also unfolds the "wings".

Hopefully I'll get some images or even video this weekend of one opening.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

They also sort of work in a pinch when you can't find the right fuse to replace a burnt out one. :tongue3:
It's a great solution until you burn your garage / workshop down! :laughing7: An old neighbor found that out. Oh, If the fire investigator or fire marshal is on their toes like his was & figures out it was caused by a penny fuse, your home insurance will flat out deny the claim. I'm a firm believer in the fine art of Mickey Mousing & If ALL else fails CHEAT! But some things I draw the line on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread