deer mill fields 012.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 301

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Beautiful pics, CG. Thanks for sharing. Seeing these everyday is a great way to start the morning.

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Country Girl, is that a stone house in the last picture? It's very interesting, I'd go spider-monkey all over that thing! :D Sara

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
It was a wondeful way to start the day! Yes napping is very good when it comes to a wound up hound dog :D.

Oh that last picture is the Grist Mill, it was started in 1794. Then an addition was added to the sawmill, they produced wooden buckets, 40,000 pails a year were put out of that mill. I plan on going "spider-monkey" all over it! :D

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pic's, looks like the corn is as High as an
elephant's eye, :P.

Fossis...............

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful countryside CG, and yes , that millsite sure caught my eye, a most pleasant sight for a detectorist to see who loves woods hunting.

Don

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Fantastic sunrise CG! The mill looks like a treasure waiting for a Country Girl to come along ;D. What's the nearest airport to your fair city? I might have to see if there are any weekend deals!

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
CG,
I hope to see u Sat. I feel I already Know you well,I"m looking forward to hunting.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
COUNTRY GIRL said:
It was a wondeful way to start the day! Yes napping is very good when it comes to a wound up hound dog :D.

Oh that last picture is the Grist Mill, it was started in 1794. Then an addition was added to the sawmill, they produced wooden buckets, 40,000 pails a year were put out of that mill. I plan on going "spider-monkey" all over it! :D

With that kind of production, surely the worker lost some awesome coins thereabouts. I can;t wait to see what you find when you go "spider Monkey" om that place!

BEAUTIFUL PICS!
Best of luck on your digs there!

~Nash~

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Secret........I did not have permission "technicaly" until 15 min ago :D. The person who inhereted the property lives way far away. I found her through the registry of deeds, called, told her our history, then asked......she was THRILLED I asked even though I did not need to :D. All the neighbors (which ther are none within a 1/4 mile) thought I was nuts to even ask. I said "I would not hunt it until I did". WHEW! Sat is the day, wish us 6 or 7 TN members luck!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Country back roads...my favorite. Can't wait to see what you find at the old mill.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions