Up Close and Personal

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Took a road trip yesterday and spotted this herd of elk near Stanley WI. This young buck decided he liked the taste of my face :D :D Scared the daylights out of me....I was trying to focus when all of a sudden he was right in my face ....I clicked,he licked and I jumped back about ten feet! :D

Attachments

• up close and personal.JPG
    up close and personal.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 399
  • young elk.JPG
    young elk.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 405
  • Big Elk.JPG
    Big Elk.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 398
  • elk herd.JPG
    elk herd.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 408
  • young females.JPG
    young females.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 405

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
:o :o :o I would have jumped too! that is strange for such an elusive creature! so glad you got a pic of it for us!! :D :D

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is up close and personal, not sure I would want to be THAT close. Good Pics
Ah, you said a young buck? Be glad it wasn't the rutting season. ;)

Don

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Ahhhhhh....he was just giving ya a little love kiss.....LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Great pics!
---Mel

borninok

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Great pics Gypsy. He is a big boy....He was just saying Hi. Great pics. Glad you are okay.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Gyps... those are some amazing pictures?!!!

Bran <><

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eyeball to Eyeball, great pic's.

Fossis..............

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Awesome pictures Gypsy. If you want another hobby you can take up wildlife photography. We need someone to replace the Crockadile Hunter, why not you??
HH Roy

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Holy cow..er..BULL......YOU KNOW! LOL
What an experiece that must have been! I might have to steal that pic to play a joke on one of my buddies and tell him he has been replaced as my scout!
;D

~Nash~

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
COUNTRY GIRL said:
gypsyheart said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Awesome shots! So did you bring him home? :D
Dang it CG...I could have :D hooked him to my sleigh!

Well go back and get him! :D I bet the girls would take good care of him for you.
Hmmm.... he would probally graze in my flower fields and that would not be a good thing....then he would be Elk Steak. :P
I dont know what it is about animals but if I walk in a field of horses or whatever, they will follow me .....even dang ducks and geese.....guess I would be a good Scout, Nash...I would just lead them home.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
hmm a gypsypiedpiper....yeah...I think it works! lol They must be attracted to your huge heart gypsy! Don't let them eat your flowers though!!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
gypsyheart said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:
gypsyheart said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Awesome shots! So did you bring him home? :D
Dang it CG...I could have :D hooked him to my sleigh!

Well go back and get him! :D I bet the girls would take good care of him for you.
Hmmm.... he would probally graze in my flower fields and that would not be a good thing....then he would be Elk Steak. :P
I dont know what it is about animals but if I walk in a field of horses or whatever, they will follow me .....even dang ducks and geese.....guess I would be a good Scout, Nash...I would just lead them home.

I'm sold! There is a herd that lives about five miles from here. Come on up and hypnotize a couple and bring them on over into my flower beds!!! I was just sitting here looking at that big bull. He is a MONSTER! WOWZA!
I had one walk up to me a sniff my while I was all camo'ed out in the woods once. It was freaky when she barked in my ear after learning I was NOT a plant!
~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread