COULD THIS BE JADE !!??

Melissa19

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this rock a little while ago while i was wondering around in the woods and i thought it looked intresting so i took it hole and broke it open seeing that the inside of the rock was a solid green color it made me believe this could be jade the rock was extremely hard to break open and does not scratch .. its pretty heave and translucent under light please help me identify this rock!

Attachments

• IMG_2254.JPG
    IMG_2254.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2246.JPG
    IMG_2246.JPG
    675.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2242.JPG
    IMG_2242.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2225.JPG
    IMG_2225.JPG
    761.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2270.JPG
    IMG_2270.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
OP
OP
M

Melissa19

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes i looked at tht website already and it seems like it passrs most of the things tht would make it jade but im not an expert and i would like to see others opinions even tho its hard to say through a photo.. i would like to have it looked at and tested professionallly but i have no idea how id be able yo do tht or where :/

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that's how redirection of a "misplaced" post should be handled! Kind and instructive! Good job cm74! Good luck Melissa19!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot depends on what area of the country you live in. If from Tennessee, probably not. California, Washington, Montana, yes. Some of the tough serpentines look a lot like jade.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Jade won't scratch with anything except a diamond. Use a nail or pocket knife blade, and try to scratch it. If you leave a streak of metal on the rock, it's probably jade. If a white looking line, then that's a scratch, and you probably have serpentine.

OP
OP
M

Melissa19

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill try tht now but im pretty sure when my brother did it it didnt scratch white .. cuz i tried to dremel it and i used a diamond bit and it barely did anything at all only the white part of the rock was coming off

OP
OP
M

Melissa19

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say tho when we broke the rock it was extremely hard we broke a solid metal steel pole over it and we only broke a couple pieces off the rock after smashing it for like 30 mins straight ... and then we gave up because. It wasnt breakin anymore amd we had no energy left at all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread