yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a confessed Luddite, so although I used to used an old-fashioned 35mm Canon Rebel, I now just have my pitiful yet mighty flip phone. But being determined, I tried (again) to get some pics through my binoculars- which ended up with interesting effects! One of which was this- bleached, yet spoooooky!

1007171457a.jpg

a couple others: (he/she is a red-tailed hawk and was eating a fish)

1007171503.jpg 1007171449.jpg

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol. Luddite. I love that term. So many people have never heard it, that it confuses them. Maybe that is mostly why I like it so much.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great encounter Yakker, but your bird is an Osprey. Even better to witness then most Hawks, but still their wonderful. I believe your technique was a success.

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting pictures. I like that idea, although I can see where it would require three hands, maybe more.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you got me confused. But that's easy. That's really neat technique. Good timing for the spooky pic.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First one's pretty cool! Does kinda look more like an Osprey.

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Most definatly an Osprey. We have a nesting pair at work. I alway look forward to seeing them. They are pretty used to vehicles, so you can drive pretty close up. A few yaers ago they had a a baby. You could hear the little baby osprey cry. Mom and dad stayed very close to that nest, to gaurd it.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Most definatly an Osprey. We have a nesting pair at work. I alway look forward to seeing them. They are pretty used to vehicles, so you can drive pretty close up. A few yaers ago they had a a baby. You could hear the little baby osprey cry. Mom and dad stayed very close to that nest, to gaurd it.

More feeding it than guarding it.:laughing7:

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We thank-you all;)
I did see the tail spread out, so I'm prrreeetttty certain it's a red-tail- sure sounded like one. It would be pretty odd to see an osprey in central Virginia. And I know what osprey are like- loud and obnoxious. I used to live on the Eastern Shore of MD, so I saw and heaqrd a lot of them- and I would never have been able to be so close w/o hearing about it ;)
OTOH, I could be wrong...
And thanks for taking a look regardless ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread