Put out apple quarters for the chipmunks..

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
All I got were bees..

K1600_DSCN5083.JPG

This here is a 2 piece-er.:laughing7:

K1600_DSCN5085.JPG

Chipmunks were out but more interested in seeds.

K1600_DSCN5096.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah those guys are out for their last hoorah before winter sets in. They're ferocious before the freeze. That's a real good shot on the chipmunk. They are so darn cute! I have a couple pics I took thinking you might like them. But, I want to find a very old one to scan and post with it. Maybe within a week. Thanks for sharing.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm...not a bee. Yellow Jackets are in the wasp family. Nasty-mean in the Fall. No problems with them here, cause there's SNOW on the ground! :thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you shouldn't feed wild animals, don't you? I try not to, but just between us might be ok to give them a little hand out when they're packin it in for winter, you think?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You know you shouldn't feed wild animals, don't you? I try not to, but just between us might be ok to give them a little hand out when they're packin it in for winter, you think?

ALL leftovers(after I eat what I want)go out the back door.:laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ALL leftovers(after I eat what I want)go out the back door.:laughing7:

My wife was used to doing that when we lived in the country. Seldom had trouble with wildlife as they'd just eat and run. That was before I moved into town.

If I did that today, my possum problem would grow exponentially. Getting tired of hauling off the carcasses, but I am getting better with my air rifle (three shots in a dime from my sniper perch --- the bathroom window) ... I just need to find heavier grain pellets or steel tipped ones.

Maybe a relocation program? Anyone need some possums?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife was used to doing that when we lived in the country. Seldom had trouble with wildlife as they'd just eat and run. That was before I moved into town.

If I did that today, my possum problem would grow exponentially. Getting tired of hauling off the carcasses, but I am getting better with my air rifle (three shots in a dime from my sniper perch --- the bathroom window) ... I just need to find heavier grain pellets or steel tipped ones.

Maybe a relocation program? Anyone need some possums?

.22 or .177 ?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
.177 Crossman Fury.

I love the very quiet "thump" and small recoil when it fires. Sounds about like thumping an empty 2 liter bottle. The only drawback is no open sights, only a scope ... but that might help with accurate placement of the rounds.

Currently shooting Crossman Copperheads, but thinking of upgrading to the 8.5 gr Predator Metalmag bcause of the metal tip. May make a headshot more effective. The Hollowpoints I used to use bounced off that thick skull, but I haven't tried it with the Copperheads yet so I don't know how they would fare.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
.177 Crossman Fury.

I love the very quiet "thump" and small recoil when it fires. Sounds about like thumping an empty 2 liter bottle. The only drawback is no open sights, only a scope ... but that might help with accurate placement of the rounds.

Currently shooting Crossman Copperheads, but thinking of upgrading to the 8.5 gr Predator Metalmag bcause of the metal tip. May make a headshot more effective. The Hollowpoints I used to use bounced off that thick skull, but I haven't tried it with the Copperheads yet so I don't know how they would fare.

Gamo are nice.

download.jpg

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gave them sunflower seeds and they carried everyone of them off! They’ll eat good this winter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread