tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up early this morning going to Colorado Springs and then to a place called Parkdale along the upper Arkansas river between Salida and Canon City. I was glade I was heading south out of Denver, as the traffic looked pretty much to a stand still. The mountain is Mt Princeton by Buena Vista. I thought I'd take a little time going home to look for some arrowheads, but found nothing. I saw two nice bucks running together and one had the most gnarly looking non-typical set of antlers I've ever seen on one alive. Dang! I would have loved to have got a shot of that one, but they moving along like they had no time to waste.

Attachments

• trip 111017 1.jpg
    trip 111017 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 52
  • trip 111017 2.jpg
    trip 111017 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
always a good thing to be going away from where the traffic is going

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Just for the record, that 'Like' I gave is for the "2nd" pic only! :3some:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful mountain shot! Ditto Jeff's and kcm's posts. Highways are my views, yuk! :crybaby2:

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that’s a mountain! We don’t have them that big in Northern Alabama. Pretty photo!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That first picture shows why I don't have any desire to live in a city. I remember one time, when I pulled up to the only traffic light in John Day. Traffic was a real cluster, then I realized it was 5 o'clock, and the forest service was getting off work. The jam ended in about 5 minutes. There was also a sign, went something like this: "On November 10, 1890, on this spot, nothing happened." Ah yes, the pleasures of living in a small town.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That first picture shows why I don't have any desire to live in a city. I remember one time, when I pulled up to the only traffic light in John Day. Traffic was a real cluster, then I realized it was 5 o'clock, and the forest service was getting off work. The jam ended in about 5 minutes. There was also a sign, went something like this: "On November 10, 1890, on this spot, nothing happened." Ah yes, the pleasures of living in a small town.
Yeah, if I didn't have you know who, I would probably move to Midas, Nevada.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll never understand why people voluntarily live in a place that has traffic like that. Think of the wasted hours over a period of many years! Not to mention the hassle. Thanks, but I'll take my area any day.
Jim

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up early this morning going to Colorado Springs and then to a place called Parkdale along the upper Arkansas river between Salida and Canon City. I was glade I was heading south out of Denver, as the traffic looked pretty much to a stand still. The mountain is Mt Princeton by Buena Vista. I thought I'd take a little time going home to look for some arrowheads, but found nothing. I saw two nice bucks running together and one had the most gnarly looking non-typical set of antlers I've ever seen on one alive. Dang! I would have loved to have got a shot of that one, but they moving along like they had no time to waste.

Looks like my local drive , I sit in a-lot of that bumper to bumper stuff.

Also love that 'Tower Lighting ' on the Expressway .

That Mountain Shot is Post Card / Calendar Quality , just Beautiful.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that’s a mountain! We don’t have them that big in Northern Alabama. Pretty photo!

Yr tellin me.
Our Mountains looked like that 'Eons ago'.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BosnMate, I-25 looks like that mostly from Colorado Springs all the way up to Wyoming most of the time. Not quite so bad if you go through there around 3 or 4 a.m., but still a lot of traffic and you find yourself wondering, 'Don't these people have jobs?'

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey BosnMate, I-25 looks like that mostly from Colorado Springs all the way up to Wyoming most of the time. Not quite so bad if you go through there around 3 or 4 a.m., but still a lot of traffic and you find yourself wondering, 'Don't these people have jobs?'
Ha ha. My dad's been saying that for 40+ years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread