Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And in the first pic, any idea what that machine is? I grew up in the country but don't recall anything like that. Whatever it is, I'll bet it made life a lot easier for whoever had one. (Could be why I don't recognize it.)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And in the first pic, any idea what that machine is? I grew up in the country but don't recall anything like that. Whatever it is, I'll bet it made life a lot easier for whoever had one. (Could be why I don't recognize it.)

because of location I was thinking fuel.

but maybe because of the lever, automatic chicken feeder tank ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea, but most feeders of any kind are gravity fed and pretty simple. I should have looked it over a little closer so I could tell more about it. What's in the pic is about all I know for now.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea, but most feeders of any kind are gravity fed and pretty simple. I should have looked it over a little closer so I could tell more about it. What's in the pic is about all I know for now.

Yea I was thinking place a Bucket or Trough below.
& move the handle to let the feed flow

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now thatโ€™s the way to live! They probably never complained about what they had or didnโ€™t have and were satisfied with what they owned!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11-14aa.jpg I just really don't have any pics I ever took hangin on the wall Wrightdigger, except for this one. A pic of the wife with ol Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top. Just kiddin, that's me and the wife. I just held the camera out and got a good frame on the shot. It was taken in Breckenridge, and it was 10 below zero that evening. Her lookin real pretty as always had a lot to do with me hangin it on the wall, and I am kinda halfway presentable in the pic.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1516275 I just really don't have any pics I ever took hangin on the wall Wrightdigger, except for this one. A pic of the wife with ol Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top. Just kiddin, that's me and the wife. I just held the camera out and got a good frame on the shot. It was taken in Breckenridge, and it was 10 below zero that evening. Her lookin real pretty as always had a lot to do with me hangin it on the wall, and I am kinda halfway presentable in the pic.

She is pretty. That expression on her face is priceless. You can see her love. That's awesome!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend back in the day who restored an old late 1900's cabin up in Turret by Salida. He fixed it all up with genuine period late 19th century decor with kerosene lanterns and all. He even bought an old crank up phonograph with the pavillon horn to add to it. Later someone lifted all those old antiques out of it. It was an old mine claim once and I located an old tin can bottle dump buried in a wash with my Garrett detector I bought from Doc Holliday in Poncha Springs. Later on at the new then Walmart parking lot I had that Garrett in my old 65' International Scout and I never locked the doors. Went in to that new big fancy Walmart just for one thing and when I got back I noticed my Garrett was gone. Those were bad times in the upper Arkansas region when the mine shut down. Nothing, but foreclosures, people stealing and abandoned dogs after 1985. Wasn't long after that I got out a there. My friend with the cabin got Parkinson's disease and with all that went and finished his life off with bottle.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Parkinson's is a bad deal. My LEO brother Jr. back in Oklahoma has that. Some days he's with us and some days he ain't. Doctors can't do anything about it. It's tough, cause for 40 years or so we always had each other's back. Bad situation, we were always the first ones in. One of only about 4 or 5 people that I ever actually trusted my life with over the years. He has a good outlook and hasn't turned to the bottle so maybe he'll be around for awhile.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Did you do any metal detecting at the site? I rarely do any good at places like that. I find a ton of lead and brass.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on a different mission that day, xr7ator, so I didn't bring along the detector. There might be some legalities involved in that at that particular spot. Places like that are tough for me to hunt cause there's all kinds of junk around them, so it takes a lot of patience. I don't find much brass but I do find lots of lead, usually in the form of bullets. I'm pretty much convinced those old miners and ranchers didn't really have a dime to split amongst themselves, and if they did lose one they organized a search party to find it.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm pretty much convinced those old miners and ranchers didn't really have a dime to split amongst themselves, and if they did lose one they organized a search party to find it.

That sounds like this part of Arkansas. Last time I searched a school yard, nothing. School had been there since the very early 1900s (seen pictures of it from before 1910) ... and between two of us we didn't find enough to buy a soda pop to split.

Same guy I was hunting with has found both halves of a V-nickle. One half was in a flower bed at one home, the other half was at another home on the other side of town. Always thought that was a couple of neat finds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty cool. Sounds like somebody intentionally planted those years ago, maybe not, but if so wonder what they were meant to indicate?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That is pretty cool. Sounds like somebody intentionally planted those years ago, maybe not, but if so wonder what they were meant to indicate?

Think of a Mizpah (?) coin. A Jewish friend of mine used to wear 1/2 of one on a chain around his neck and his wife was wearing the other half at all times ... claimed it somehow connected them.

I always assumed this was a "redneck version" of that.

So, two chains each with a half coin. Could have been owned by twins, close friends, or even lovers. He couldn't find a connection between the properties though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions