WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I love this spot! I have ventured out and found evidence of bottles. Our property pin is somewhere in the middle of the creek. So, I have to work on getting permissions from the neighbors to hunt here. Right now it's not real safe, being deer season and all. My grandsons and I were there retrieving a bait trap Sunday. My oldest found himself a keeper and it was an ID for the teeth I found a few weeks ago. We ended up finding several jaw bones of various creatures, but my camera was full. Boys love that sort of stuff. :laughing7:

IMG_0329 (2).JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0333 (2).JPG

IMG_0334 (2).JPG

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that pond spring fed?

GOD Bless

Chris

These are pics of the natural creek that runs through the northwest corner of our farm. The other “creeks “ I am told, were created as a result of tiles put in in the 40’s or 50’s. None of them feed my pond. This farm has a lot marshy areas. So I’m guessing maybe underground streams? :dontknow:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
These are pics of the natural creek that runs through the northwest corner of our farm. The other “creeks “ I am told, were created as a result of tiles put in in the 40’s or 50’s. None of them feed my pond. This farm has a lot marshy areas. So I’m guessing maybe underground streams? :dontknow:

Any fish in your pond and how deep is it.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
There’s grass carp, bass ( small/large? IDK?), blue gill, channel cat. There’s a pic of my grandson and a cat in blak Bart’s fish pic thread. They’re getting big! They know when you’re going to feed them. :laughing7:The deepest is 11 ft.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
There’s grass carp, bass ( small/large? IDK?), blue gill, channel cat. There’s a pic of my grandson and a cat in blak Bart’s fish pic thread. They’re getting big! They know when you’re going to feed them. :laughing7:The deepest is 11 ft.

Keep on feeding them,times a comin when you will be glad you did.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup.....I can say theres nice carfish there for sure !! Farm provides fish to !! I like the idea of feeding them also, couldnt hurt !!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very clear & pretty water , looks's Spring Fed but IDK.
Nice Pictures.

Oh! Horse Jaw ?

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep on feeding them,times a comin when you will be glad you did.

I agree. I've been scoping things out these past few years. We've got mulberries, blackberries, raspberries, paw paws, and apples. I've got an herb book that I study on and off. And I need to learn my plants. But for now, the fish are pets. We even walk them around the pond.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup.....I can say theres nice carfish there for sure !! Farm provides fish to !! I like the idea of feeding them also, couldnt hurt !!
Thanks Blak Bart. I'm working on something to post on your fish pics.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. I've been scoping things out these past few years. We've got mulberries, blackberries, raspberries, paw paws, and apples. I've got an herb book that I study on and off. And I need to learn my plants. But for now, the fish are pets. We even walk them around the pond.
Teach them boys too.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Very clear & pretty water , looks's Spring Fed but IDK.
Nice Pictures.

Oh! Horse Jaw ?

Hey Davers! These are pics of the creek. The pond is on another thread. The creek water is very clear right now. Very cold too! I slipped and fell in it the other day. Filled up my boots. Instant tingling in the feet.
I could be wrong, but I think that's a jaw bone of a deer. My grandson said that horse teeth are bigger.:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions