tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are a couple from going down the Arkansas river in Colorado yesterday. Along that way the sun was shining and pretty nice out, but last night a customer called me and asked if I had drill bit that would work better in the drilling conditions he's got going on in Wyoming?. I had one, but it didn't quite have the design of tungsten carbide he wanted, but he said it should work better than the one he's got. He said he'll make it worth my while if I could get it up to him first thing this morning, so I went to bed early and hit the road a few hours before the sun was up. Not only did I get in to the typical for this time of year freezing cold and blowing weather of Wyoming, but it was all that on a mountain top. Now that I'm home I went ahead and put my PJ's on, because because I'm done for the day and that make me feel a lot more warm and cozy after this day.

Attachments

• drive 120617 1.jpg
    drive 120617 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • drive 120617 2.jpg
    drive 120617 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
  • drive 120717 1.jpg
    drive 120717 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
  • drive 120717 2.jpg
    drive 120717 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sitting here in my warm house thinking how glad I am that I don't work for that mine.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sitting here in my warm house thinking how glad I am that I don't work for that mine.
There wasn't a pickup up there that wasn't idling to stay warmed up inside. That's Wyoming in the winter. You can be just south of the state in Colorado and it'll be 40° warmer and go north of the state in Montana and it'll be just as warm and sometimes even warmer than it is in Colorado. Seems there's a constant stream of cold blowing air always flowing across Wyoming in the winter. I've stayed in Casper a few times and would set my alarm to go off at 2:30am, just so I could go out and start the truck up and let it run a half hour and set the alarm again to go off at 4:30am to start it up again. It's no fun waking up and not be able to start you vehicle because of it freezing up. I had a Ford diesel and it was not fun when I couldn't find an outlet to plug in the engine warmer in at some motels. Had to do the wake and warm routine on that truck all the time on those 30 below nights. Those glow plugs wear out pretty quick when they get used a lot and they're expensive to replace. I'll never buy another Diesel for what I do again. Way to much maintenance needs on those when you rack up a lot a miles imo.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You know that second shot is a little misleading, it doesn't look cold. But the last two...hmmm, hmmmm, hmmm, too cold to snow. The first one by the way is very beautiful.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know that second shot is a little misleading, it doesn't look cold. But the last two...hmmm, hmmmm, hmmm, too cold to snow. The first one by the way is very beautiful.
The second picture is very close to Canõn City, Colo and infact I took my jacket off by then. It's very mild weather down there and it's known as the banana belt. The first shot is just outside Leadville, Co which is an elevation of 10'152. I went from Fremont pass an elevation of 11'319 down the Arkansas river to where the 2nd photo is where the elevation is around 5'350. I think I saw maybe 3 or 4 folks fly-fishing along river close to where I took that 2nd photo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread