12-31-17

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Here it is, the last day of the year, and I'm sitting around doing nothing, just me and my dog. Decided to go for a Sunday drive up the North Umpqua River. I got a late start, so didn't get too far, but the dog was able to get out and stretch his legs, and I was out of the house. Pictures are views of the river from the hiway, except the one view of the mountains is up near the top of the ridge, taken from the head of Jack Creek. I was driving my car, and probably shouldn't have gone up there, but we made it, and I got home just at dark. I didn't get as far as I set out to do, even though the road was in fair shape, I was getting into last summers burn, plus there is logging in the area, which wasn't a problem on a Sunday, but the log trucks aren't really easy on the gravel roads. Lots of bad wash boards. What I'm saying is I should have taken my truck.

Umpqua1A.jpg
Umpqua5A.jpg
Umpqua8A.jpg
Umpqua7A.jpg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love that area around the N. Umpqua. When I lived in Roseburg
we used to go out to Susan Creek and camp...beautiful county!

Had an Uncle that lived in Roseburg for decades; he was in real
estate and apparently did quite well there. My sister was the
curator of the Wildlife Safari in Winston, and I used to do predator
control work for the park.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful BosnMate.....not so much here, -6 degrees with 8 inches of snow on the ground, has not been above 20 degrees in over a week!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Must be nice not be burdened with the snow and cold, great pics.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a nice little drive in country. No doubt Duke felt like it was a perfect day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread