79.1 KB · Views: 44

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What's the forecast? You going to get more, or is this it for the season? We sure aren't getting the rain we are supposed to out here.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, You could look for artifacts there at CRG. I'm sure a couple of big dumps will find a way to the high country before it's all over. If not then we can't waist water like we do down here on the high plains desert where we planted all this this flora that never grew here before we came along.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful country, and photos! :headbang:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! Nice Pics!! You should be down here in Louisiana!! Balmy 10 Degrees this AM!! Can't wait for the "HARD FREEZE" tonight!! Too Dang Cold for Snow!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing.
E827F63F-2B66-4CEF-A412-E6ABB7A9F83F.jpeg

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great pics! The second one looks like the place Tel Sackett found the Spanish breastplate.:-)
Jim

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1-10b.jpg This is what we looked like a year ago. We'll get it, as generally our snowiest months are at the start of spring. This year is going a lot like the year before last. After VERDE's post I can say we were just as warm a Louisiana this a.m., haha! I did check for artifacts around crg, tamrock. Once again, lots of jasper flakes and chips in a couple of spots, but nothin more this time. There's a really good spot near Buffalo Springs but after I drove all the way up to it, ground was under 6 inches of snow. The area around Castle Rock Gulch does not look all that unusual for this time of year, as that's in what we call the 'Banana Belt', and their winters are like our summers.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics! The second one looks like the place Tel Sackett found the Spanish breastplate.:-)
Jim
That's a possibility, Jim. Most of the Spanish entradas stayed closer to the river 4 or 5 miles west of there. Southwest of that spot across the river is the location of that Spanish Princess treasure tale around the Chalk Cliffs. I've never been able to make out the princess in the cliffs, but I figure it's a particular time of day or certain time of year treasure sign. I check every time I go through there.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
What story is this??
Jim is referring to a book by Louis L'amour. They are fiction, but a lot of them are based on facts. I have read that wherever he mentions a spring, creek, or any landmark, that it is there. He did lots of research to base his books on.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can send you some snow cause we gots lots so far this winter.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can send you some snow cause we gots lots so far this winter.
Your cold Canadian artic air was all we got. Only a little snow came from the result of that.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim is referring to a book by Louis L'amour. They are fiction, but a lot of them are based on facts. I have read that wherever he mentions a spring, creek, or any landmark, that it is there. He did lots of research to base his books on.
There was a maybe local legend, that some ranch hand in South Park found a Spanish helmet between some big rocks back in the early 20th century I believe? It wasn't far from where RG took the the picture of this granite rock. There is an arrastra circle cut in solid granite that's not more than a few miles from this location also. Folks always called it the old Spanish mill, but being there seems to be no documented info on it, I don't think anyone really knows when it was used?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they wont have the water to release out of twin lakes this year so I can dredge in comfort instead of wearing 80 pounds of lead just to keep from getting blown out of my hole.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they wont have the water to release out of twin lakes this year so I can dredge in comfort instead of wearing 80 pounds of lead just to keep from getting blown out of my hole.
I've have often wondered if gold may have settled in and around the inlet of twin lakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread