WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
January starts the season of fishing, boat and RV shows for us. The first one for us is being held in Novi, MI. I went with my husband to pick up his ice shanty today. There were lots of boats, displays, demonstrations, and various booths. He's getting quite popular in that circle. Lots of people there knew him and he introduced me to them. There were other professional anglers, lots of tackle business owners, and marina owners. We were sporting our jackets that we received from the Walleyes for Wounded Heroes. A couple of times I was approached and asked questions about it. He had to take over because he is more knowledgeable on the subject. Some of the guys that knew my husband were ribbing him and telling him that we should go sit in the booth. The actual people that will be running the booth aren't going to be set up until Saturday. We finally got to the booth that had his shanty and one of the heroes that went out last fall was working it. My husband tried to convince us both that we already knew each other and we were both denying it. Then he said, " Derek was in the Fall Event." I replied, " And I was back at camp baking cookies." He said, "Oh, yeah." and Derek bounced right over to me and gave me a big hug and said, " You are my hero. Those were awesome." Just made my heart melt.

Thanks for looking. Oh! And....

Hello A2coins! I hope this doesn't spook you that I was so close! :laughing7:

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I dunno....something sure seems fishy about all this! :tongue3:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4676346D-EE55-43CE-9442-BD4D19378E96.jpeg

This is my favorite. This SCREAMS ...the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. It looks like a small child put their model boat in the kiddie pool..

Thanx for sharing

C6E3DA68-33C3-4E26-8BAE-ADB7AAEFF483.jpeg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a show. Love the vintage lures and miniature outboard motor collections.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck of a show. Love the vintage lures and miniature outboard motor collections.

I knew some people would like those. My husband has a collection of them himself. He did mention that all those miniature outwards actually run. That was kind of cool.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew some people would like those. My husband has a collection of them himself. He did mention that all those miniature outwards actually run. That was kind of cool.
I remember when they sold those in the hobby shops. My mom wouldn't buy me one, as they were too expensive. She did however buy me a little electric motor for my erector set.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Grant, you lived like a king! I had never even heard of an erector set before; all I got were Tinker Toys. :crybaby2:

....Well, guess I have to be fair though. Before the Tinker Toys, I used to have those great big, ALL-metal Tonka trucks! WOW!! ....But then my big sis and one of her friends just kept taunting me and taunting me. So I Tonka'd the friend upside the head! :evil6:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
attachment.php

I'll wager a dew worm that the Coast Guard boat was manufactured by MetalCraft Marine in Kingston Ontario, as it sure looks like their build. Went to a few shows in Toronto and I think the boat show is Jan.12-21st a huge event- #1 RULE: Leave the wallet at home.:laughing7:
Toronto International Boat Show

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment.php

I'll wager a dew worm that the Coast Guard boat was manufactured by MetalCraft Marine in Kingston Ontario, as it sure looks like their build. Went to a few shows in Toronto and I think the boat show is Jan.12-21st a huge event- #1 RULE: Leave the wallet at home.:laughing7:
Toronto International Boat Show

're: #1 RULE - Mr husband asked, " What fun is that? :laughing9:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
're: #1 RULE - Mr husband asked, " What fun is that? :laughing9:

BOAT=" BRING-OUT-ANOTHER-THOUSAND"

BOAT=" A HOLE IN THE WATER TO WHICH IS LINED WITH WOOD, STEEL, FIBERGLASS, IN WHICH ONE POURS MONEY INTO ENDLESSLY.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
BOAT=" BRING-OUT-ANOTHER-THOUSAND"

BOAT=" A HOLE IN THE WATER TO WHICH IS LINED WITH WOOD, STEEL, FIBERGLASS, IN WHICH ONE POURS MONEY INTO ENDLESSLY.

hahaha! Yeah that’s what he’s been doing for years! But he doesn’t go past the limit of “living within our means.”

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hahaha! Yeah that’s what he’s been doing for years! But he doesn’t go past the limit of “living within our means.”

It works for ya then, that's the best.

I have heard the two happiest days in a boater's life is : The first day they buy the boat and the day that they sell it" :laughing7:

There's a lot of folks that get that boater's bug that's called : "Two footitis." (always getting another boat that's 2ft longer)

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
It works for ya then, that's the best.

I have heard the two happiest days in a boater's life is : The first day they buy the boat and the day that they sell it" :laughing7:

There's a lot of folks that get that boater's bug that's called : "Two footitis." (always getting another boat that's 2ft longer)

Lol! That’s so true! We started with a 14’ John boat in the 80’s and over the years worked our way up to a 24’ Triton. We’re downsizing now. We recently sold my princess boat and only have his Lund, a little bass boat for the pond and my paddle boat. For a while there we were boat poor, not!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lol! That’s so true! We started with a 14’ John boat in the 80’s and over the years worked our way up to a 24’ Triton. We’re downsizing now. We recently sold my princess boat and only have his Lund, a little bass boat for the pond and my paddle boat. For a while there we were boat poor, not!

We've downsized now to -3 kayaks-one 12ft alum.-one Zodiac dingy-From a 45' Skipperliner full hull houseboat then to 42' Cheerman Trawler- no 2 ftitis here skipped all that nonsense.:laughing7:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We've downsized now to -3 kayaks-one 12ft alum.-one Zodiac dingy-From a 45' Skipperliner full hull houseboat then to 42' Cheerman Trawler- no 2 ftitis here skipped all that nonsense.:laughing7:

Lol! The first pic I seen of yours, I just knew you had to have “toys!”

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lol! The first pic I seen of yours, I just knew you had to have “toys!”
Funny you say that, we didn't even get out on the water last year, just been too busy working on the house. That's going to change I'm going out in the water this year-to rebuild our dock system out of cedar as it's old and wanted to float away this spring.
IMG_20170509_084629087_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny you say that, we didn't even get out on the water last year, just been too busy working on the house. That's going to change I'm going out in the water this year-to rebuild our dock system out of cedar as it's old and wanted to float away this spring.
View attachment 1536455

Well, at least you'll be in the water. :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread