Old House

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I've posted pics of this place before. It's located a few miles from where I live......I just found this one I had forgotten about. I think the reason I didn't process this pic until a couple of days ago was because I didn't like the way the well house was partially blocking the view of the house....Also reminded me of something interesting the land owner told me.. He said that the house was originally built down the hill to the right of those trees. After the house was built, they found water where the well house is now, so they moved the house to the present location to be near the water source.
Taken 7-23-16

Attachments

• 013_a_Painterly111.JPG
    013_a_Painterly111.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 56

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that place is on it's way out. There were old neat looking structures I saw 30, 40 years ago like that in the mountains until finally they couldn't make it through one more deep winter snow causing them to completely collapse. I suppose it's anybody's guess as to when that place we will completely fall to the ground? Is this the house you took the photo of the two cats at? I saved that picture because I think it's an award-winning photograph.

Attachments

• two cats ronwoodcraft.jpg
    two cats ronwoodcraft.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Thanks Grant, No the cats were in an old two room school house not far from there. I'm surprised when I drive by to see that old house still standing....The land owner was talking about tearing it down when I was there taking pictures.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah that place is on it's way out. There were old neat looking structures I saw 30, 40 years ago like that in the mountains until finally they couldn't make it through one more deep winter snow causing them to completely collapse. I suppose it's anybody's guess as to when that place we will completely fall to the ground? Is this the house you took the photo of the two cats at? I saved that picture because I think it's an award-winning photograph.

You both, and several others, post award-winning photographs, in my opinion. Thank you for sharing so many beautiful images to look at. :award_star_bronze_1:award_star_bronze_1:award_star_bronze_1:award_star_bronze_1:award_star_bronze_1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread