Trying out my new drywasher

Dig'em

Jan 24, 2015
Joshua Tree, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
I got the carburetor cleaned out for my leaf blower so I thought I'd go run a shovel full or two of dirt through my new Keene. Figured I'd test the carburetor and see how the 140 ran before I drove the extra distance to the claim, one plus to having 5 BLM areas all within a stones throw of my house. I found 3 tiny pieces which was totally unexpected for a random spot.

IMG_0264.jpg IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0291.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well keep us posted on this. I've always thought about getting a dry washer to take on the road when I head out in the deserts of Utah & Nevada. I'm not sure it work so well in the moist alluviums of the high country, but at time some dry washes get pretty sun baked in the 7000 ft and below elevations. I believe there's much gold to be found in the high and dry parts of the west.

OP
OP
Dig'em

Dig'em

Jan 24, 2015
Joshua Tree, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been fairly damp out here too from that last rain storm we had. I'll dig a bunch and get the ground all broken up to help in drying, then run the machine. Sometimes I'll bring a large tarp and spread the dirt out with a rake to make more surface area and aid in drying if it's extra damp. I'll also rerun the header pile and extra time, you can then really see the dirt start to dry up when you do that.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
It'll never happen now, but had always wanted to set up a recirc operation. Water is much better at recovery!

Still, a dry washer would be nice to find a decent spot worthy of hauling out a self-contained system and lots of water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread