worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Twice today,not a creature stirring anywhere the first walk.Second walk I see this wood hen on the way out..

K1024_DSCN6932.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, you got an awesome shot. If I was to get one that good, I'd figure it was worth the two walks.

Afternoon lighting made for a perfect auto focus exposure,I was tickled by it being a good 200+ feet away.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one. We don't have those around here, just some little red headed woodpeckers I see every now and then. What took you so long to get out and explore?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah I only see the small ones, nice pileated

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG! Worldtalker, That is a world class shot of a Pileated! Really, really nice. Thanks for showing that.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG! Worldtalker, That is a world class shot of a Pileated! Really, really nice. Thanks for showing that.

Thanks papa,that's what my Son called me till He was 8.That term "world class"never set right with me.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COLD and SNOW!

What, you don't have a warm coat? Get some snowshoes. I keep a pair of Tubbs in my truck this time of year. It's fun to get out and experience winters wonders. What I like about it is how the deep snow absorbs sound and all you hear is the sound of tiny ice snow crystals blowing in the breeze. It's like a very faint wind chime ringing all around you. The sound of the wind though the pines and a calling Raven is all you hear.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
What, you don't have a warm coat? Get some snowshoes. I keep a pair of Tubbs in my truck this time of year. It's fun to get out and experience winters wonders. What I like about it is how the deep snow absorbs sound and all you hear is the sound of tiny ice snow crystals blowing in the breeze. It's like a very faint wind chime ringing all around you. The sound of the wind though the pines and a calling Raven is all you hear.

Hey..after setting around all winter I have to work my way back into it.:laughing7:

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I like about it is how the deep snow absorbs sound and all you hear is the sound of tiny ice snow crystals blowing in the breeze. /QUOTE]

There is no better therapy.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Twice today,not a creature stirring anywhere the first walk.Second walk I see this wood hen on the way out..

Errrr, that's because it's "Secret Meeting" day today. The peckerwood was taking his usual post as Early Warning Detector. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread