Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree19Likes
  • 12 Post By ronwoodcraft
  • 2 Post By Wrightdigger
  • 1 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By vpnavy
  • 2 Post By Treasure_Hunter

Thread: Ranch and petroglyphs

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2007
    Idaho
    3455 times

Ranch and petroglyphs

Another composition of the landscape on the Snake River, and a few more petroglyphs. Learned from my friend that the one that looks like a long horned goat depicts an Ibex that was once native to the area.....He told me the one that looks like a man holding a wand with a ball on each end is some kind of spirit thing found in other parts of the country. No idea about the other one........

My friend told me that barn was built in 1890, and some horse thieves lived and operated from there.....I posted this to our local facebook group of about 1200 members and almost mentioned the horse thieves....Was really glad I didn't when a lady responded to the facebook post.
    Here's a copy and paste of her response : Love these pictures. My Great Grandmother was born there and her father farmed A flat field just down from there is his old hay field.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	050000.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	276.8 KB 
ID:	1540253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2001.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	1540252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0433333.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	1540254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03444.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	1540255  

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    SW Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    17592 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    I like the petroglyphs. Iím sorry I missed your other thread. Those are one of those things I wish I could travel back in time to really see what was going on. Sounds like you missed a FB embarrassing moment.
    That is a beautiful photo!
    ronwoodcraft and tamrock like this.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    14388 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Huh! I've never read that there were Ibex in North America before. I have read that during the last Ice Age there were lots of different animals that are no longer around today. Great pictures of a unique area. The Snake River really rose high 15,000 years ago, during an event known as the Bonneville flood. That flood is believed to be the second largest in known geologic history. Wish I had more of a reason to travel up and around the Snake River. A few times I've traveled to Wallace Idaho from Salt Lake City, but it's been a while now.
    Last edited by tamrock; Jan 23, 2018 at 06:52 AM.
    ronwoodcraft likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27786 times
    Nice pics, I love Idaho, it is so scenic. I camped at the bottom of Snake river canyon at what was called Hells canyon area once in 1978, talk about dark and desolate, we could not see another artificial light in any direction, when the sun went behind the mountains it got dark quickly, at night you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. The sturgeon in the river were also huge too.

We were on a tour of western US when we left Yellowstone we headed west to Sun Valley and the Sawtooth National Rec area then south to Craters of The Moon and then NW, we were on our way to Cascades Nation Park in Washington, once there we decided to take the coast line drive down to LA stopping at all the scenic sites along the way and all the National parks.
    ronwoodcraft likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    10983 times
    Nice photographs (and history) RonWoodcraft! Thanks for sharing...
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

TreasureNet

us
    Jul 2007
    Idaho
    3455 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    Huh! I've never read that there were Ibex in North America before. I have read that during the last Ice Age there were lots of different animals that are no longer around today. Great pictures of a unique area. The Snake River really rose high 15,000 years ago, during an event known as the Bonneville flood. That flood is believed to be the second largest in known geologic history. Wish I had more of a reason to travel up and around the Snake River. A few times I've traveled to Wallace Idaho from Salt Lake City, but it's been a while now.
    I just did a google search and couldn't find anything about ibex in the area. Just passing on what my friend who lives near there told me.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27786 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwoodcraft View Post
    I just did a google search and couldn't find anything about ibex in the area. Just passing on what my friend who lives near there told me.
    Well one thing we know, the artist didn't copy it out of a book.
    Wrightdigger and ronwoodcraft like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Jul 2007
    Idaho
    3455 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Well one thing we know, the artist didn't copy it out of a book.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links