tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was down by this old Denver Cemetery today. This is a picture I played with some on my phone. There's a lot early Colorado pioneer folks laid to rest here. One fella here was a Charles Senter. He discovered a mountain of molybdenum on a mountain called Bartlett Mountain. He filed a claim in 1878 for it all, and at the time no one really knew what you'd do with all this mountain full of molybdenum. Of course he didn't really get rich from it. That fortune came to others who devised ways to use it in making stronger lighter steel. I worked at that mine exactly 100 years after the old prospector Charles Senter was finding his pan full with all this fine grey metallic looking stuff. Somehow he had an notion it was worth something, but ended up not being much worth to him. Another big mining man had his headstone replaced in the 1920 mentioning that Charles was the discoverer of this vast deposit of molybdenite. To this day billions and billions of dollars have been produced from that mine and they're still mining it today.

Attachments

• IMG_20180126_163315.jpg
    IMG_20180126_163315.jpg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 61

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo_camera.gif
Nice photograph but kind of gives me the creeps for some reason TamRock! Thanks for sharing...

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks very tranquil to me. I love walking through cemeteries and reading the names and wondering about their lives. It's cool you know some history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread