WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, that's the food chain. Found a few remnants of dinner here before.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hungry like the Coywolf!.... so they say...LOL

Circle of life

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I always carry "something" to deter the coyotes and wild dogs. The coyotes in Kentucky would run you up a tree.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That backstrap still might have been good ummmmmmmmmmmm venison I would've fought them coydogs off until I got mine.LOL:blackbeard:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I always carry "something" to deter the coyotes and wild dogs. The coyotes in Kentucky would run you up a tree.
They will get a bit bold from time to time. At times I've been out and got some strange reaction from coyotes. One time I cut across a wheat field and two were pacing back and forth in front of me. They were very nervous acting and squatting and urinating somewhat frequently. I had a dog that minded better than the one I have now and he stood firm giving them a sign of I'm ready anytime you are and then my dog turned around and there was the big Chief coyote sneaking up behind us, but he was cautious of my dog also. I then charged after the one behind us and as he ran back and I'd then check to see what the other two were up to. They seem to become more at ease the further away we got from where they were at. There was this old coal mine dump tailings in the middle of that wheat field and I later confirmed the coyotes had dug a den in that waist dump and they really just wanted me and my dog to stay away.

Here's a story of a motorist in my area who broke down before the sun came up not far from where I live
Coyotes attack man near Niwot; wildlife officials kill two of three involved - Longmont Times-Call

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The "back 40" has several dens and lots of coyote poo. I'm always packing when I go searching there.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah a group of them could be trouble. I have a site i hunted early december that had the remnants of 3 deer( mostly hair and a few partly chewed bones by that point). It was unnerving hunting that site, even though I knew the kills ranged from a few weeks to a few days old. Kind of funny they choose to eat at an old cellar though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread