Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree20Likes
  • 6 Post By Relicific
  • 1 Post By Wrightdigger
  • 1 Post By WaterScoop
  • 6 Post By lookingharder
  • 3 Post By Back-of-the-boat
  • 2 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By Tpmetal

Thread: Fresh kill

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Feb 2017
    XP DEUS X terra 705 Fisher F2
    1726 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Fresh kill

Did a little snowshoeing today and started seeing coyote or most probably Coywolf tracks.
    Didnít stick around after running into their fresh carcass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	188F40C6-F3D0-40D0-B083-A36FB5FAB0A8.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	1543253  
    Wrightdigger, RGINN, kcm and 3 others like this.
    To Dig or not to Dig

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    2721 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    Yep, that's the food chain. Found a few remnants of dinner here before.
    Relicific likes this.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Cor. 13:4-7 NIV

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden ĶMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3208 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hungry like the Coywolf!.... so they say...LOL

Circle of life
    Relicific likes this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

us
    Feb 2015
    Virginia
    Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
    735 times
    That's why I always carry "something" to deter the coyotes and wild dogs. The coyotes in Kentucky would run you up a tree.

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /Garrett pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger
    3271 times
    That backstrap still might have been good ummmmmmmmmmmm venison I would've fought them coydogs off until I got mine.LOL
    Joe-Dirt, tamrock and Relicific like this.
    back of the boat

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    12469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingharder View Post
    That's why I always carry "something" to deter the coyotes and wild dogs. The coyotes in Kentucky would run you up a tree.
    They will get a bit bold from time to time. At times I've been out and got some strange reaction from coyotes. One time I cut across a wheat field and two were pacing back and forth in front of me. They were very nervous acting and squatting and urinating somewhat frequently. I had a dog that minded better than the one I have now and he stood firm giving them a sign of I'm ready anytime you are and then my dog turned around and there was the big Chief coyote sneaking up behind us, but he was cautious of my dog also. I then charged after the one behind us and as he ran back and I'd then check to see what the other two were up to. They seem to become more at ease the further away we got from where they were at. There was this old coal mine dump tailings in the middle of that wheat field and I later confirmed the coyotes had dug a den in that waist dump and they really just wanted me and my dog to stay away.

Here's a story of a motorist in my area who broke down before the sun came up not far from where I live
    Coyotes attack man near Niwot; wildlife officials kill two of three involved - Longmont Times-Call
    Relicific and Wrightdigger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    2721 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    The "back 40" has several dens and lots of coyote poo. I'm always packing when I go searching there.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Cor. 13:4-7 NIV

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    2910 times
    Yeah a group of them could be trouble. I have a site i hunted early december that had the remnants of 3 deer( mostly hair and a few partly chewed bones by that point). It was unnerving hunting that site, even though I knew the kills ranged from a few weeks to a few days old. Kind of funny they choose to eat at an old cellar though.
    Relicific likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links