worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
All these critters can do is look up at that feeder and still haven't figured out a way to it.I thought I'd give them a bit more vitamin C,this one liked it so much he stuffed it way out back.

K1024_DSCN7257.JPG

K1600_DSCN7263.JPG

I set another half out and this one thought it was rather tangy, :laughing7:

K1600_DSCN7284.JPG

K1600_DSCN7279.JPG

and she gets her seeds.

K1600_DSCN7278.JPG
GOD Bless

Chris

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha! Ha! I love how squirrels "hide" their food. We have a post form mailbox at work. Every year a squirrel "hides" a walnut on it.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This picture here is the best!!

K1600_DSCN7279.JPG

I store my spare ATV tires in a small shed out in the back of our property, but over the years the weather has taken it's toll on it. The squirrels have managed to chew threw the exterior wall, and this year when I went to add a few things to the shed I noticed some stuff falling out of my tires?

I didn't have my camera to take a picture of it, but the little red squirrel has loaded two of the tires completely with walnuts! LOL......

This guy can live there for years and not have to forage ever again. :laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like squirrels. They are constantly in the oak out front squirrel cursing me out.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen the squirrels in my yard dupe the blue jays. When I stick peanuts in the bark of my cottonwood tree the squirrels and sometimes the blue jays both show up. When that happens the squirrels know the blue jays are also watching them to see where the squirrel will bury his peanut. What the squirrel does is go through the whole routine of what looks like he's just buried the peanut. Then you see the squirrel run off, but you still see the peanut in his mouth. The blue jays then fly down to the place where what they thought the squirrel just buried that peanut only to find the squirrel had pulled a fast one on them. Then the blue jay's fly off in the same direction they think the squirrel went looking for that squirrel who just trick them. By then the squirrel had quickly found a spot where he could bury the peanut where he wasn't under the observation of the thieving blue jays. That's a pretty smart move from that squirrel.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy cow Chris, following you with these critters is simply hilarious!! Great to hear that you've found a way to stop them from getting to the feeder. Be careful though....seems I remember hearing from a guy who heard from his cousin that their buddy had a very determined squirrel. When the squirrel couldn't figure out that newest obstacle, apparently there was the sound of a very tiny chainsaw early one morning! freaked-out-smiley-emoticon.gif

Grant -- great story!! We don't have many tree squirrels anymore, but a young couple took up residence here late last Summer. I'll go outside and hear one chattering away like mad. Will look around carefully, but never see anything that he may be chattering at! ....Must be the female. laughing hysterically.gif
blah-blah-blah.gif

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
My pack of squirrels enjoy over ripe brown bananas and pistachios I clean out of my truck, but I have seen them eat chicken wings which I though was odd, I always thought squirrels were herbivores.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen the squirrels in my yard dupe the blue jays. When I stick peanuts in the bark of my cottonwood tree the squirrels and sometimes the blue jays both show up. When that happens the squirrels know the blue jays are also watching them to see where the squirrel will bury his peanut. What the squirrel does is go through the whole routine of what looks like he's just buried the peanut. Then you see the squirrel run off, but you still see the peanut in his mouth. The blue jays then fly down to the place where what they thought the squirrel just buried that peanut only to find the squirrel had pulled a fast one on them. Then the blue jay's fly off in the same direction they think the squirrel went looking for that squirrel who just trick them. By then the squirrel had quickly found a spot where he could bury the peanut where he wasn't under the observation of the thieving blue jays. That's a pretty smart move from that squirrel.

The old farmer I mow for told me crows will watch you plant seeds..you know the rest of the story.:laughing7:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My pack of squirrels enjoy over ripe brown bananas and pistachios I clean out of my truck, but I have seen them eat chicken wings which I though was odd, I always thought squirrels were herbivores.

Here's a pic of one eating turkey,I have pics of them carrying off chicken legs.:tongue3:

K1024_DSCN6626.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions