Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree27Likes
  • 10 Post By worldtalker
  • 1 Post By Wrightdigger
  • 4 Post By Geobound
  • 2 Post By smokeythecat
  • 1 Post By worldtalker
  • 2 Post By tamrock
  • 3 Post By kcm
  • 1 Post By Joe-Dirt
  • 1 Post By worldtalker
  • 2 Post By Wrightdigger

Thread: Day 8..eating oranges

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    11657 times
    The one everybody else missed.

Day 8..eating oranges

All these critters can do is look up at that feeder and still haven't figured out a way to it.I thought I'd give them a bit more vitamin C,this one liked it so much he stuffed it way out back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K1024_DSCN7257.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	1544448

Name:	K1600_DSCN7263.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	517.6 KB 
ID:	1544449

I set another half out and this one thought it was rather tangy,

Name:	K1600_DSCN7284.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	1544452

Name:	K1600_DSCN7279.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	320.1 KB 
ID:	1544453

and she gets her seeds.

Name:	K1600_DSCN7278.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	1544456
    GOD Bless

Chris
    ​EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
    9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high
    places. Ephesians 6:12

​7 minutes could change your lif​e...
    http://antidoteforall.com/

Charter Member
    us
    Receipt Nazi

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT Max, Teknetics delta 4000
    2050 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Ha! Ha! I love how squirrels "hide" their food. We have a post form mailbox at work. Every year a squirrel "hides" a walnut on it.
    worldtalker likes this.

ca
    Feb 2017
    Ontario
    CTX 3030 (April 2017) AT Pro Garrett Carrot Pro Pointer Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6 Stealth 720i (BNIB) Home made beach scoop
    804 times
    This picture here is the best!!

Name:  K1600_DSCN7279.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  21.4 KB

I store my spare ATV tires in a small shed out in the back of our property, but over the years the weather has taken it's toll on it. The squirrels have managed to chew threw the exterior wall, and this year when I went to add a few things to the shed I noticed some stuff falling out of my tires?

I didn't have my camera to take a picture of it, but the little red squirrel has loaded two of the tires completely with walnuts! LOL......

This guy can live there for years and not have to forage ever again.
    Treasure is where you find it, trash is where they left it.

John

Charter Member

Nov 2012
    8688 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    I really like squirrels. They are constantly in the oak out front squirrel cursing me out.
    worldtalker and Wrightdigger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    11657 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    I really like squirrels. They are constantly in the oak out front squirrel cursing me out.
    They sure are funny.
    Wrightdigger likes this.

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
    9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    11727 times
    I've seen the squirrels in my yard dupe the blue jays. When I stick peanuts in the bark of my cottonwood tree the squirrels and sometimes the blue jays both show up. When that happens the squirrels know the blue jays are also watching them to see where the squirrel will bury his peanut. What the squirrel does is go through the whole routine of what looks like he's just buried the peanut. Then you see the squirrel run off, but you still see the peanut in his mouth. The blue jays then fly down to the place where what they thought the squirrel just buried that peanut only to find the squirrel had pulled a fast one on them. Then the blue jay's fly off in the same direction they think the squirrel went looking for that squirrel who just trick them. By then the squirrel had quickly found a spot where he could bury the peanut where he wasn't under the observation of the thieving blue jays. That's a pretty smart move from that squirrel.
    Last edited by tamrock; Feb 02, 2018 at 07:13 AM.
    Wrightdigger and kcm like this.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    5951 times
    Prospecting
    Holy cow Chris, following you with these critters is simply hilarious!! Great to hear that you've found a way to stop them from getting to the feeder. Be careful though....seems I remember hearing from a guy who heard from his cousin that their buddy had a very determined squirrel. When the squirrel couldn't figure out that newest obstacle, apparently there was the sound of a very tiny chainsaw early one morning! Name:  freaked-out-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views: 41
Size:  798 Bytes

Grant -- great story!! We don't have many tree squirrels anymore, but a young couple took up residence here late last Summer. I'll go outside and hear one chattering away like mad. Will look around carefully, but never see anything that he may be chattering at! ....Must be the female. Name:  laughing hysterically.gif
Size:  5.0 KB
    Name:  blah-blah-blah.gif
Size:  12.3 KB
    "...I've got silver in the stars and gold in the morning sun" - Don Williams

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Garrett AT pro
    169 times
    Relic Hunting
    My pack of squirrels enjoy over ripe brown bananas and pistachios I clean out of my truck, but I have seen them eat chicken wings which I though was odd, I always thought squirrels were herbivores.
    Wrightdigger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    11657 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    I've seen the squirrels in my yard dupe the blue jays. When I stick peanuts in the bark of my cottonwood tree the squirrels and sometimes the blue jays both show up. When that happens the squirrels know the blue jays are also watching them to see where the squirrel will bury his peanut. What the squirrel does is go through the whole routine of what looks like he's just buried the peanut. Then you see the squirrel run off, but you still see the peanut in his mouth. The blue jays then fly down to the place where what they thought the squirrel just buried that peanut only to find the squirrel had pulled a fast one on them. Then the blue jay's fly off in the same direction they think the squirrel went looking for that squirrel who just trick them. By then the squirrel had quickly found a spot where he could bury the peanut where he wasn't under the observation of the thieving blue jays. That's a pretty smart move from that squirrel.
    The old farmer I mow for told me crows will watch you plant seeds..you know the rest of the story.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    11657 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-Dirt View Post
    My pack of squirrels enjoy over ripe brown bananas and pistachios I clean out of my truck, but I have seen them eat chicken wings which I though was odd, I always thought squirrels were herbivores.
    Here's a pic of one eating turkey,I have pics of them carrying off chicken legs.

Name:	K1024_DSCN6626.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	1544674
    kcm likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Receipt Nazi

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT Max, Teknetics delta 4000
    2050 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kcm View Post
    I'll go outside and hear one chattering away like mad. Will look around carefully, but never see anything that he may be chattering at! ....Must be the female. Name:  laughing hysterically.gif
Size:  5.0 KB
    Name:  blah-blah-blah.gif
Size:  12.3 KB
    Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  16.1 KB
    kcm and Chadeaux like this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links