Pareidoliac ... But How Often Do You See A Squirrel Riding A Gator In A Tree?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yes, I'm a cloud gazer ... I got that way from lying on the ground with my mom and brothers while trying to find shapes in the clouds.

It didn't help that my wife finds unusually shaped rocks (some pics used to be on another thread until photobucket decided it was ok to hold my images for ransom) and paints them so that they look like real rabbits, turtles, etc.

Today I was watching the tree rats playing in the neighbor's yard and there were two of them playing on a flat piece where a branch had broken off of their tree some time back.

Thought the pics could be okay, so I shot a couple ... but when I looked at them in the camera, I couldn't believe what I thought I saw.

It looks like an alligator's head and neck coming out of the tree ... as well as his right front leg.

Only the exposure and sharpness have been altered, otherwise the photos are unedited.

DSCN1456.JPG

Here's a bit closer ... only head and tree rat:

DSCN1457.JPG

Oh well, now I'll get back to watching the clouds float by tomorrow.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Couple of my wife's rocks ...

bunny.jpg

We got home one evening and she saw this large rock in our driveway and told me she saw a rabbit. Stupid me, I kept looking for a cottontail.

She picked up the rock, and showed me the rabbit ... then she painted it, placed it in a basket and sold it.

turtle.gif

Turtle above, Cheetah below:

cheetah.gif

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It means ... gators are sneaky and will stoop to anything for a squirrel dinner.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok... Those are all cool. 😁

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure does look like an alligator with a squirrel on it's snout. The painted rocks by your wife are wonderful.

JimJ

Mar 24, 2016
Metz, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, At Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great capture! Maybe it is the King Tree Rat on his trusty steed going to his Acorn plantation! Your wife does some excellent work with the rock painting!

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those rocks are very cool. She defiantly needs to put some in a local craft show.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Can't add much to whats already been said...You and your wife are seriously talented, and your post made me take a pic of this door stop...It was given to us by my brother in-laws wife about 20 years ago.

Attachments

• 0011.JPG
    0011.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great capture! Maybe it is the King Tree Rat on his trusty steed going to his Acorn plantation! Your wife does some excellent work with the rock painting!

Thanks, I think she's pretty good ... she has a different opinion. Why?

Those rocks are very cool. She defiantly needs to put some in a local craft show.

... and there's the reason she has a different opinion: everyone at the craft shows and various fairs like her work but she still has almost every last one. No one buys. Set up website and etsy store, she can't sell them at a price that pays for her time (figured at minimum wage no less).

Can't add much to whats already been said...You and your wife are seriously talented, and your post made me take a pic of this door stop...It was given to us by my brother in-laws wife about 20 years ago.

On of my aunts did dozens of those for her nieces and nephews which is what gave my wife the idea. You have a treasure there if someone cared enough to give their time and talents to you. They must think a lot of you to give you such a personal gift. BTW, the expression on the cat's face probably reflects how the giver feels about the one they created the gift for.

Be well all!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah, man.....don't you EVEN get my wife started!!

There's not a lot of rocks in our area (well, 'cept fer between my ears!), so every time she sees a lot of rocks, I can guarantee at least 2 hours of "creative looking" about to happen. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ah, man.....don't you EVEN get my wife started!!

There's not a lot of rocks in our area (well, 'cept fer between my ears!), so every time she sees a lot of rocks, I can guarantee at least 2 hours of "creative looking" about to happen. :laughing7:

Post some!

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Something similar......This is one of over 1,000 lamps I've made...This is a piece of Western Juniper.....Always thought it looked like some kind of creature.

Attachments

• Copyoflamps7-4-5037_RJ.jpg
    Copyoflamps7-4-5037_RJ.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 45

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Post some!

Fortunately, we don't have room to keep them in the house. So, they're all froze down outside, lost in outbuildings, I think some have even been used for decoration in the yard.

Funny thing is, she'll pick up a rock all excitedly, then later try to figure out what she saw in it. *lol*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread