Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree21Likes
  • 12 Post By ronwoodcraft
  • 4 Post By lookingharder
  • 1 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By Terry Soloman
  • 1 Post By digging440yrs
  • 1 Post By Pepper06
  • 1 Post By Wrightdigger

Thread: Juvenile bald eagle

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2007
    Idaho
    3186 times

Juvenile bald eagle

Taken yesterday.....I copied this bit of info : For the first five years they gradually change:...The beak turns from black to yellow, the eyes from brown to pale yellow, body feathers from mottled to dark brown, and head and tail feathers from mottled to solid white. The bald eagle is the only eagle confined to North America.

When I first spotted this bird, it was sitting in a field about 150 yards away. I pulled over thinking I would start walking toward it, hoping it would stay long enough for me to get in range....As soon as I got out of the pickup, he took off and flew directly toward and over me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111V.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	1547886  
    JimJ, RGINN, Wrightdigger and 9 others like this.

us
    Feb 2015
    Virginia
    Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
    740 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    ronwoodcraft, I live very close to a lake and have about a 3 acre beaver pond in front of my house so Eagle sightings are quit common. A couple years ago I was out in the yard and heard the god awfullest screeching you ever heard. I walked down to the beaver pond and was able to witness a mamma eagle call her two eaglets out of the nest for the first time. There first flights were almost comical. The second experience I will never forget was last spring. I have a huge oak tree in my back yard about 30 feet from my deck. I was on the phone with the TV customer service and saw two huge birds come crashing down thru the oak tree and land(hit) the ground right in front of me. They separated and there, right in front of me where two Eagles, My voice went from a 52 year old, 6'2" 270 lbs. man up about 20 octaves to a 10 year old girl. The lady on the phone was freaking out because she didn't know what was going on. I explained what I had just seen and needless to say but our conversation went on for 10 more minuets and had nothing to do with my TV service. Those are two Eagle stories that I will remember until my dying days.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    13370 times
    Great shot Ron
    ronwoodcraft likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Makro Multi Kruzer -- Notka Pinpointer -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger
    18415 times
    Metal Detecting
    Beautiful!

Charter Member
    us
    TOM

Dec 2012
    UPSTATE NEW YORK
    1970 COMPASS- WHITES SILVER EAGLE- FISHER F POINT- WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL- GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
    2603 times
    Beauty !
    ronwoodcraft likes this.
    A BAD DAY OF DIGGING IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

us
    May 2017
    Indiana
    Garrett AT Pro
    274 times
    Relic Hunting
    such a majestic looking animal.
    ronwoodcraft likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    SW Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9352 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    Simply fantastic! Obviously he wanted to show off. Thanks for sharing.

lookingharder, thanks for sharing your stories too.
    ronwoodcraft likes this.

John 15:12-13

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down oneís life for oneís friends.

us
    Jul 2007
    Idaho
    3186 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingharder View Post
    ronwoodcraft, I live very close to a lake and have about a 3 acre beaver pond in front of my house so Eagle sightings are quit common. A couple years ago I was out in the yard and heard the god awfullest screeching you ever heard. I walked down to the beaver pond and was able to witness a mamma eagle call her two eaglets out of the nest for the first time. There first flights were almost comical. The second experience I will never forget was last spring. I have a huge oak tree in my back yard about 30 feet from my deck. I was on the phone with the TV customer service and saw two huge birds come crashing down thru the oak tree and land(hit) the ground right in front of me. They separated and there, right in front of me where two Eagles, My voice went from a 52 year old, 6'2" 270 lbs. man up about 20 octaves to a 10 year old girl. The lady on the phone was freaking out because she didn't know what was going on. I explained what I had just seen and needless to say but our conversation went on for 10 more minuets and had nothing to do with my TV service. Those are two Eagle stories that I will remember until my dying days.
    Thank You lookingharder!....Great stories and memories.....Speaking of the screeching sound the eagle was making reminded me that in the movies, a lot of times when they show an eagle flying, they dub in the sound of a red tail hawk.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2010
    Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
    8372 times
    Love that picture.
    Due to the high price of ammunition there will be no warning shot.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links