Juvenile bald eagle

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Taken yesterday.....I copied this bit of info : For the first five years they gradually change:...The beak turns from black to yellow, the eyes from brown to pale yellow, body feathers from mottled to dark brown, and head and tail feathers from mottled to solid white. The bald eagle is the only eagle confined to North America.

When I first spotted this bird, it was sitting in a field about 150 yards away. I pulled over thinking I would start walking toward it, hoping it would stay long enough for me to get in range....As soon as I got out of the pickup, he took off and flew directly toward and over me.

Attachments

• 111V.JPG
    111V.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 56

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ronwoodcraft, I live very close to a lake and have about a 3 acre beaver pond in front of my house so Eagle sightings are quit common. A couple years ago I was out in the yard and heard the god awfullest screeching you ever heard. I walked down to the beaver pond and was able to witness a mamma eagle call her two eaglets out of the nest for the first time. There first flights were almost comical. The second experience I will never forget was last spring. I have a huge oak tree in my back yard about 30 feet from my deck. I was on the phone with the TV customer service and saw two huge birds come crashing down thru the oak tree and land(hit) the ground right in front of me. They separated and there, right in front of me where two Eagles, My voice went from a 52 year old, 6'2" 270 lbs. man up about 20 octaves to a 10 year old girl. The lady on the phone was freaking out because she didn't know what was going on. I explained what I had just seen and needless to say but our conversation went on for 10 more minuets and had nothing to do with my TV service. Those are two Eagle stories that I will remember until my dying days.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shot Ron :icon_thumleft:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful!:hello2:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Simply fantastic! Obviously he wanted to show off. Thanks for sharing.

lookingharder, thanks for sharing your stories too.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
ronwoodcraft, I live very close to a lake and have about a 3 acre beaver pond in front of my house so Eagle sightings are quit common. A couple years ago I was out in the yard and heard the god awfullest screeching you ever heard. I walked down to the beaver pond and was able to witness a mamma eagle call her two eaglets out of the nest for the first time. There first flights were almost comical. The second experience I will never forget was last spring. I have a huge oak tree in my back yard about 30 feet from my deck. I was on the phone with the TV customer service and saw two huge birds come crashing down thru the oak tree and land(hit) the ground right in front of me. They separated and there, right in front of me where two Eagles, My voice went from a 52 year old, 6'2" 270 lbs. man up about 20 octaves to a 10 year old girl. The lady on the phone was freaking out because she didn't know what was going on. I explained what I had just seen and needless to say but our conversation went on for 10 more minuets and had nothing to do with my TV service. Those are two Eagle stories that I will remember until my dying days.
Thank You lookingharder!....Great stories and memories.....Speaking of the screeching sound the eagle was making reminded me that in the movies, a lot of times when they show an eagle flying, they dub in the sound of a red tail hawk.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Love that picture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread