Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree21Likes
  • 9 Post By Wrightdigger
  • 3 Post By tamrock
  • 2 Post By Wrightdigger
  • 2 Post By RustyGold
  • 2 Post By kcm
  • 2 Post By Wrightdigger
  • 1 Post By fyrffytr1

Thread: Therapy Birds

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    2976 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm

Therapy Birds

These little birds are in a large display case (for lack of better words) at a nursing home. The residents love them! It's pretty cool they are able to see these treasures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0538.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	1548201

Name:	IMG_0539.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	1548202

Name:	IMG_0540.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	1548203

Name:	IMG_0541.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	1548204

Name:	IMG_0543.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	1548205

Name:	IMG_0544.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	1548206

Name:	IMG_0545.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	1548207

Name:	IMG_0546.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	1548208

Thanks for looking.

WD

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Cor. 13:4-7 NIV

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    12497 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That's a brilliant idea putting a display of live birds in a nursing home.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    2976 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    I agree. Another one I visited had a golden retriever in a courtyard and the residents have a sunroom where they can watch him play. I think that type of therapy goes a long way.
    tamrock and ronwoodcraft like this.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800
    4469 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Great therapy idea that raises the spirit up. Very positive. Thanks for the photos Wrightdigger.
    tamrock and Wrightdigger like this.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    6381 times
    Prospecting
    That first pic is AWESOME!! Those two peeking out of the nest...just perfect!

I used to go to a dentist back in Texas, and one side of the building was all windows. Patients could look out the windows (or ceiling.....just sayin') while dentist did his thing. Dentist liked birds, so the entire outside of the building was this huge birdhouse. It was really entertaining to watch them fluttering around so close. The whole thing must have been some 80' long, maybe more.
    Wrightdigger and ronwoodcraft like this.
    "...I've got silver in the stars and gold in the morning sun" - Don Williams

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    2976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kcm View Post

I used to go to a dentist back in Texas, and one side of the building was all windows. Patients could look out the windows (or ceiling.....just sayin') while dentist did his thing. Dentist liked birds, so the entire outside of the building was this huge birdhouse. It was really entertaining to watch them fluttering around so close. The whole thing must have been some 80' long, maybe more.
    It helps to focus on something else when the dentist is working on your teeth. The one I go to now plays videos of children's movies. My old one pasted comics and cartoons on the ceiling. I dare say those were not enough for me. One time he had to pull out the oxygen and call my hubby to come rescue me. Or maybe he was rescuing himself!
    ronwoodcraft and kcm like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    2976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    Great therapy idea that raises the spirit up. Very positive. Thanks for the photos Wrightdigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcm View Post

Thank you, gentlemen.

us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    White's DFX
    3854 times
    My first thought was that you had been to the home my mother-in-law was in but then I saw you are from Ohio so the pictures couldn't have been taken in Georgia. My mother-in-law is now in a home about 3 miles from where we live so my wife can take care of her. Once or twice a week my wife will take our Yorkie to the home and the residents and staff love to see him.
    Wrightdigger likes this.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    2976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    My first thought was that you had been to the home my mother-in-law was in but then I saw you are from Ohio so the pictures couldn't have been taken in Georgia. My mother-in-law is now in a home about 3 miles from where we live so my wife can take care of her. Once or twice a week my wife will take our Yorkie to the home and the residents and staff love to see him.
    Yorkies are very lovable. It's good that your wife is able to visit and take care of her momma. Tis a hard season to go through.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links